• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SAC WTF

3rdfocal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Supporter
Mar 5, 2013
Buy a shellholder for my nexus press today ($40 but I'll play). Now these MFers are charging a "convenience fee"?? What are they, AT&T?

Annoyed but whatever, I pay the $2 convenience fee, AND pay extra for 2 day shipping cause I want to shoot my 6arc this weekend. AFTER I complete my order and pay, I get a notification telling me to allow 7-10 days for shipping.

I like their shit but how are you gonna charge a convenience fee, take someone's money for faster shipping, THEN tell them 7-10 days to ship a dam shellholder?

Knew I should have bought the zero 🤣

From what I gather it's tough to find employees these days that are skilled enough to stuff an envelope.
It's very stressful work you know.....and the union, the repetitive wrist motions, required break times for emotional recovery.....all that shit adds up.

Have some respect my nigga.

Buy a shellholder for my nexus press today ($40 but I'll play). Now these MFers are charging a "convenience fee"?? What are they, AT&T?

Annoyed but whatever, I pay the $2 convenience fee, AND pay extra for 2 day shipping cause I want to shoot my 6arc this weekend. AFTER I complete my order and pay, I get a notification telling me to allow 7-10 days for shipping.

I like their shit but how are you gonna charge a convenience fee, take someone's money for faster shipping, THEN tell them 7-10 days to ship a dam shellholder?

Lots of places do this when paying by card. They get hit with fees so they pass it on to you. It’s dumb, but you pay them all the time. The fees are why lots of places don’t take Amex, it’s multiple times the normal amount.

They even tell you on the website-

“The purchase of SAC Original products, payment is due prior to checkout via the website. If buyer chooses to use Precision Pay the 3% Convienence fee will be waived. If the buyer uses any other payment method other than Precision Pay they will be charged a 3% Convience fee to help offset the credit card processing fees”

The shipping is BS for sure, I’ve had the same shit happen elsewhere.

I have a lot of empathy for anyone who deals with Authorize.net (the only CC processor which is generally accepting of firearms companies). The fees are not trivial.

Shipping costs are also not particularly cheap nowadays. Seems that every FedEx bill i receive is still full of fuel surcharges, the reach-around fee, etc.

Poor service is another issue altogether. Either stuff is in stock and it's the vendor's responsibility to get it out in a reasonable amount of time (one biz day) or it's not in stock and there needs to be some transparency. Anything other than this isn't cutting it.

FWIW, my last order from SAC was shipped in a timely fashion so I'm unclear where the 7-10 processing time estimate is coming from.

Reactions: CSTactical
The credit card fee has always been a credit card fee. When I ship items (for work) the CC is listed on the order and is stated as a separate line item. Not re-branded a convenience fee.

I have paid for extra fast one day shipping before and it took a week for them to ship it out and a week for me to get it (washing machine part)

We are not far from having to enter a tip on the self checkout registers or at the vending machines!!!

The credit card fee has always been a credit card fee. When I ship items (for work) the CC is listed on the order and is stated as a separate line item. Not re-branded a convenience fee.

I have paid for extra fast one day shipping before and it took a week for them to ship it out and a week for me to get it (washing machine part)

We are not far from having to enter a tip on the self checkout registers or at the vending machines!!!
How is it rebranding? it’s legally a surcharge or a convenience fee depending on the situation. If you call one of those something else you’re rebranding it.

Shipping costs are also not particularly cheap nowadays. Seems that every FedEx bill i receive is still full of fuel surcharges, the reach-around fee, etc.

Recently one of my Dillon casefeed motors failed. As it was about 30 years I decided to replace. They are 300 bucks no matter where you purchase. Dillon wanted $45 shipping. DAA was $16 and Scheels shipped free.

Call it a "convenience fee", or "card terminal fee", or sometimes even a "cash discount"...it is all basically the same thing. The card and/or card processing companies charge the business a percentage for the sake of allowing card transactions. Not only do you get hit for the charge, but you also have to pay to rent/purchase the machine that performs the transaction. At our clinic, that comes out to about $600/month because at least half of our transactions are cash or check. I simply have a sign on the desk that notes a 3% fee for card usage. You can negate that loss by charging more for your product or service and simply NOT charge the fee.

I was recently talking with the old boy that owns one of the three gas stations in the closest town near to us. He paid $64K in fees last year for card uses at his pumps.

Reactions: kindabitey
I'm seeing a lot more places not eating CC fees. From the mom & pop store near my house to the GMC dealer I get the Yukon serviced at.
Can't say as I blame them, we going to start doing the same on 1/25.

Call it a "convenience fee", or "card terminal fee", or sometimes even a "cash discount"...it is all basically the same thing. The card and/or card processing companies charge the business a percentage for the sake of allowing card transactions. Not only do you get hit for the charge, but you also have to pay to rent/purchase the machine that performs the transaction. At our clinic, that comes out to about $600/month because at least half of our transactions are cash or check. I simply have a sign on the desk that notes a 3% fee for card usage. You can negate that loss by charging more for your product or service and simply NOT charge the fee.

I was recently talking with the old boy that owns one of the three gas stations in the closest town near to us. He paid $64K in fees last year for card uses at his pumps.

And you have to keep a keen eye on the processing companies. Before the wife retired(restaurant GM) she was part of a class action. I don’t recall the figure she was reimbursed, but it was well into five figures.

Reactions: diggler1833
There is a reason they call it a convenience fee

Some states do not allow higher charges for CC use, "Convenience fee" is legal in all states
Call it what you want
make it a second/separate line item or not
either way the buyer is paying it, the merchant isn't eating all the CC fees

I bought my Nexus last week on Wednesday morning. It shipped the same day and I had by Friday. I hope your stuff ships quickly.

The Nexus comes with three shellholders; would the 308 work in a pinch for the 6 ARC?

I also run the Quantico Gun Club and our payment processor basically charges 3.5% for each card "swipe." We decided to build a flat fee into each membership rather than arguing with our boomer members over $5. They'll spend $10K on their Perazzi and roll up in a G Wagon, but that $5 apparently results in the world coming to an end.

Reactions: VSP968
I bought my Nexus last week on Wednesday morning. It shipped the same day and I had by Friday. I hope your stuff ships quickly.

The Nexus comes with three shellholders; would the 308 work in a pinch for the 6 ARC?

I also run the Quantico Gun Club and our payment processor basically charges 3.5% for each card "swipe." We decided to build a flat fee into each membership rather than arguing with our boomer members over $5. They'll spend $10K on their Perazzi and roll up in a G Wagon, but that $5 apparently results in the world coming to an end.
I don't think the 308 shellholder would work. For seating bullets I'm sure it would be fine but not for sizing.

In SAC's defense, I got a shipping notification today.

I like their products but how a $40 shellholder becomes $57 idk. I assumed that for $40 they had their CC costs baked in. I think this is the first online purchase I've ever made, anywhere, that had a seperate itemized "fee". They have "precision pay" now but it has you enter all your personal info and then click "authorize payment" with no explanation as to how you're actually paying... they need a "more info" link for that or something. I've had my CC/Debit info stolen more than enough times to click stuff I don't trust.

In regards to the G Wagon scenario.... I've learned that people with money like to keep it. Probably how they got it in the first place. People that are OK losing $5-10 here and there for reasons they don't understand are the same people that lose thousands in nonsense fees when buying a house or something like that. You're either diligent with your $ or you aren't.