• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Saiga 223

Shootinsurveyor

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2009
VA
Does anyone have any experience with the saiga in 223? I havea friend who has the 308 with 16"barrel and it shoots 3 shot groups in a inch at 100m. Once it heats up, they spread out a bit. The recoil isn't bad, but the short barrel really barks. I think I would shoot better with the 223 and I already have a 308 bolt. I'm not looking to make it all tacticool, probably just put a scope on it. Looking to cover the gun that can shoot alot and fast if I need it, but probably will be shot like a bolt most of the time. I can't really think of a alternative in that price range, but let me know if I'm missing something.

Re: Saiga 223

i have one.i love it.virtually 0 recoil or muzzle rise.it shoots fairly accurate.i havnt been to the range yet though.it eats any ammo i can find and is dead reliable.i love my pops ar-15,pre-ban with 20inch barrel.that is a fine piece of machinary.but i must say for a shtf or any other crisis,my saiga would get the nod.put about 300 rounds through it,mostly wolf.0 ftfs or ftes.love it.