• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SAKO/Beretta customer service????

fish30114

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2010
Canton Georgia
I am curious if anyone has needed/pursued any customer service issue on a TRG with SAKO/Beretta.

I have one and thankfully have had no issues. On my SAKO sporters however, I have had some issues and IME their customer service is basically non-existant. I have been trying to obtain a bolt body for a Sako 75 IV action for over 23 months! If you call the customer service lines, you get stuck in a loop for about 5 minutes, which then transfers you to Brownells. Brownells has no intel from SAKO/Beretta, which I think is only Sako fault, but I DON'T buy product from Brownells now if I can avoid it due to this BS relationship. Unless Brownells is making a couple hundred k out of it, I bet it's costing them more than they know!

Curious to others experiences/results/suggestions.

Re: SAKO/Beretta customer service????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Top Cat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownells is a stand up company with excellent customer service...Beretta not so much.

TC </div></div>

been a customer of theirs for over 25 years, and in general agree. BUT, on principal, since BS (new nomer for Beretta Sako
grin.gif
) you join up with dogs, you get fleas, thus my practice of ordering elsewhere if possible. I actually told the folks at Brownells that I liked them, but their relationship with BS is probably costing them more than they would guess!

had some dealings with beretta with my tikka rifle trying to get some parts and what i took from the experience is that beretta couldnt give a shit about tikka or sako rifles

Browning I actually like, but there isn't a serious smith I know of that will look at one as a base for an accuracy oriented rig, not to mention the difficulty of finding a GOOD aftermarket trigger--Rifle Basix is OK, but not what I'm after....

The TC stuff, you know, I don't know. I recieved one of their ICON rifles in 30 TC (STUPID CALIBER) as a gift, and other than the fact that it should just be a 308 I like it a lot--except the trigger/safety setup. If that trigger is replaceable, which I don't know whether it is or not, I actually like the rifle a lot. It is very accurate, reasonable in weight and the stock (syn) is OK....therein lies another rub though, I don't think there is any way you are getting a McMillan stock inletted for a Thompson!

Thanks guys for the thoughts.

I was missing the box magazine clasp in a new 75 sako. Couldn't even get the
company to respond to calls or emails. I finally made one for it. So from my
experience their customer service doesn't exist.

Browning triggers don't need to be replaced. They are good to go with just a spring change (available at midway etc). Adjust very light with no creep or overtravel. Nice and crisp.

Aftermarket stocks are the problem with Browning. No one really advertises a tactical aftermarket stock. McMillan and maybe Manners would inlet one on a special order. Maybe.

I like Browning actions. 60 degree throw. Browning magazines work fine but are typically short for throat length. My 308 with 155 Lapua Scenars was 2.86" to the lands and the magazine was 2.81" max OAL. So sad.

Sako Trgs are 60 degree throw and I have one. Really good. Mag length in 308 is 2.95" with 2.91"OAL being jammed with 155 Lapua Scenars. Pricy but good to go out of the box. So there is that.

Badger actions are 60 degree. I have no experience with them. But they are out there. Badger has a good reputation. Perhaps I will call GAP and see if they have experience with them in short action.