• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SAKR ASR?

lh leggtowner

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2010
What is the opinion of the group on the SilencerCO Sakr ASR?

I am wanting a multipurpose suppressor for my 224 Valkyrie. The barrel is 5/8-24 threaded. So, I thought I would get a 308 suppressor. I have a couple other guns that I would not mind using it on when shooting. It would definitely be a multi caliber use. If you have something else that may be better, let me know. I really don't know a lot about suppressors. I am just getting started. Thanks and I apologize for my ignorance.

Love mine and use it on multiple hosts. Poi shift is minimal. However I think the asr system leaves something to be desired and have switched to dead airs keymo system so if you do get a good deal on a saker skip the asr system and go keymo.

Another good option in the saker class is dead airs sandman L. I have shot one a few times with a buddy who has one and performs similar. I still give the edge to total suppression to the saker when used on 308 and 6.5 creed

Last edited:
Reactions: lh leggtowner
Love mine and use it on multiple hosts. Poi shift is minimal. However I think the asr system leaves something to be desired and have switched to dead airs keymo system so if you do get a good deal on a small skip the asr system and go keymo.

Another good option in the saker class is dead airs sandman L. I have shot one a few times with a buddy who has one and performs similar.

Forgive me but what is the keymo system?

have many sico - if i had to do it again i wouldnt. Buy a concenricity gauge from geissle or surefire and screw your can on a sico muzzle brealk and see how off center they are. I doscovereed my saker only centers on a 51T muzzle break and if i use the Q cherry bomb. One guy at the club sent his asr muzzle brake back 4 times it was so freaking bad ... he was getting baffle strikes. so just make sure you buy a gauge and check it. have 4 other mfgs (tbac, sas, aac, dead air, rugged, q) none have shown the concentricity issues i have seen on sico cans using their muzzle brakes.

have many sico - if i had to do it again i wouldnt. Buy a concenricity gauge from geissle or surefire and screw your can on a sico muzzle brealk and see how off center they are. I doscovereed my saker only centers on a 51T muzzle break and if i use the Q cherry bomb. One guy at the club sent his asr muzzle brake back 4 times it was so freaking bad ... he was getting baffle strikes. so just make sure you buy a gauge and check it. have 4 other mfgs (tbac, sas, aac, dead air, rugged, q) none have shown the concentricity issues i have seen on sico cans using their muzzle brakes.

thanks I appreciate that. I would have not thought that could happen. most def get the gauge.

If you keymo you will skip all the headaches described above as well. I have 3 Sico rifle cans and have never had an issue with any of them not centering on my dead air mounts.

Just listening to you guys , instead of buying a sico and converting it, I should look at a dead air and get the keymo that comes with it. Sounds simpler. What y’all think?

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Depends on the price. If you can get a sandman or saker 762 on sale I would jump on either. The nomad is another great option justa hair louder than both the sandman and saker imo.

Found a sakr asr for 449.00. That sounds to good to be true. Y’all seen one any cheaper ?

I really like the sandman but dang that is cheap

Well I got a saker asr. 465 total.
I really thought it was to good to pass up. Also thought I got in it good enough I can put the dead air conversion on it. A big thanks to you all that had input on this decision.

Grab yourself a dead air brake or flashider here on the hide and try to find a used saker keymo adapter

I have the original sakers in 5.56 and 7.62 with the trifecta mounts and have been happy with the system. No cans have flown off when shooting. If I knew what was coming out down the line I would have held out for the Rugged or Dead Air cans in those calibers.