• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes same rings, different rifles?

rocdoc

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Austin, TX
I'm about to buy my first high-end scope and I would like to be able to use it on different rifles as I can't afford to get a separate one for each. If I need to mount the scope on a Rem 700 and a Barrett 95, could I use a single set of rings? The rings would have to be high enough for the Barrett which has its stock inline with the bore. Would this be then too high for the 700? I want to be able to simply move the scope to the new rifle's rail, reset my turret zeros and go. If I have to change rings, I'll need a different scope.

Re: same rings, different rifles?

Well, I called Badger Ordnance to see if they could answer my question. They said I would need two different sets of rings. Then I called Mike at CS Tactical. Great guy, willing to take the time to answer alot of stubid noob questions. Of course he had a simple answer for me. I now have one set of rings on order along with a riser for the Barrett to get the clearance and the right height relative to the stock. You would think Badger would have mentioned it, seeing as they make the risers.