• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Savage 10 fcp-k scope mounting?

AllanYork

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2010
I bought a Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x 40 mm scope. I want to mount it to my 10fcpk with maybe weaver tactical rings. Any ideas for a base or better rings?

thanks guys

Re: Savage 10 fcp-k scope mounting?

Just did mine a 10 FP. Wish i had the extra $$$ for the FCPK. LOL. After research and talking to different ppl i ended up with Leupold low rings and Warne picatinny rail. If you have the extra $$$ i was told by a few people that seekins is top notch for both. Scott @ liberty optics helped alot and suggested the best parts for the price.

My setup Nikon buckmaster scope, leupold rings, warne rail. from reviews of these parts it seems like a pretty solid setup for the price.

Hope this helps

Well, I made my decision. I went with Weaver Tactical Rings and a Burris XTB "extreme tactical" base. Hopefully will hold my Nikon perfectly. I looked at the brands you mentioned and they were on back order at optics planet.

EGW for a base, get the 20moa. or ferrel or seekins and then ... you can most likely get the low rings. i have a 4-16x50 with low rings. they are Burris XTR rings and they are 1/4" from top of rail to bottom of scope

last post i recall someone saying they liked EGW over Warne, but ive never seen a Warne.

optics planet has free shipping. SWFA is a site sponsor. midway has sales on stuff every month, get a monthly flyer subscription. also scour the optics for sale section here. use savage in the advanced search and confine to that section of the site. there are a few savage bases in there. post in WTB too. if you arent in a rush

oh yeah. if you have a model 10 of any type. the coating on the action and barrel will be in the holes for your base. go easy or you will strip the heads of the hex screws. get the EGW heavy duty base, i think it comes with torx. or try Ferrel, they come with torx and will sell you 4 of them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: showlow50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a fcp-k with the 20moa base and I tried the xtr low rings and with a 50 mm scope the rings are a little to low.I will trade them back to midway for some med rings. </div></div>

look in my sig line and you can see the clearance i have with the lows and a 50mm with the BC cap on it. must be the difference in scopes or somethings changed

Thanks for the info guys. Found out the hard way that I can't get anything up here in Canada. I can't order anything from theses great sites like SWFA. I had to order from Cabelas.ca which really sucks. I didin't get anything that i wanted. I bought:

Nikon Prostaff Riflescope - 3-9x40mm
Weaver top mount bases
Weaver see though rings

I am deffintly going to upgrade this in the future once i figure out a way to get a better scope, base and rings. I am thinking the way to go is though the classifieds on here like you said. As long as someone has no problems shipping accross the border. sigh....way to suck balls canada...