• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Savage mark II trigger job

Re: Savage mark II trigger job

its really just shimming up the trigger pack i used a .025 shim and it got down to 2lbs ill try to get a photo of the spot to add the shim
6576shim3.jpg

this was taken off rimfirecental.com

yea i just looked at that thats the lower end model my trigger doesnt look like that much i buffed all the metal and did not replace the spring heard they didnt last long with out the stock one. and added the shim which is the best thing i could have done!

I did a trigger job on an accutrigger equipped MKII last weekend. When you pull the action from the stock, you will see the accutrigger has 2 springs behind the trigger. The heavier coil spring on top, and a smaller spring underneath. They supply a tool to adjust the smaller bottom spring with. When you crank it down it increases the tension against the bigger spring. They come pre-set from the factory at the lightest pull adjustment. (The smaller spring is backed out as far as it will go).

To lighten the trigger pull further, you need to get that heavier spring out first. To do that, remove the c-clips from the front 2 trigger pins. The first pin has spring tension on it, push it out with a punch and leave the punch in the slot. The 2nd pin is the one going through the silver lever inside the accutrigger assembly. Remove that pin and the trigger can drop out of the assembly. When you remove the spring, clip 2 or 3 coils off the heavier trigger spring, the more you clip off the lighter the pull will get, but do not clip off too many or your trigger might not function 100% safely. If you do clip too much or your pull is lighter than desired, all you have to do is tighten the smaller spring adjustment in until you reach your desired pull weight. The pins go back in the same way they went out. Since you got the action pulled and are tinkering with the trigger, if pushing the safe to 'off' feels too stiff for you you can reprofile the safety spring to make it smoother. I don't recommend doing it, since its better to have a gun thats easier to put on 'safe' than to disengage the safety; but if it bothers you the spring has a C shape where it rides against the safety, if you slightly increase the angle of the bend it will reduce the amount of tension against the part.

I need to play with the Accutrigger on my MKII a little bit. Its awful! Might just get a Rifle Basix here soon. The rifle is extremely accurate and I feel like that trigger is hindering my shooting quite a bit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to do a 2nd accutrigger some time this week, will take pics. </div></div>

Yes please. If you have a scale, measure before and after, too if you don't mind.

I hate to resurrect a dead/old thread, but I'm having a hell a time with the trigger on my mark II. My issue being its different from ever one that's been posted about. It is pre accu trigger and similar to the models pictured in this thread, but still different.

There is no spring attached to the trigger and nothing between the two halves. The only spring is on the upper assembly. It loops around the pin that holds that part of the trigger assembly in and presses against the trigger housing and what ever that part is(please excuse my lack of lingo).

Am I SOL with the stock assembly, as far and the pull weight is concerned? I did shim the housing and the trigger feels more crisp(less pull before it fires), but no lighter.

that's a bit different than the other pre accutrigger MKII BV i have.

honestly, without having it in front of me seeing how the mechanics of it are i cant figure out what to tell you.

you can maybe reshape that spring to give less tension, but if it gets F'd up, good luck on finding another. you can probably drill a pocket and put in a bic pen spring, but again if you F it up, good luck finding another part.

other than polishing up the sear engagement, maybe a rifle basix trigger will fit. just looking at my original sear taken out of my mkii, the rear part of the body has the same geometry as yours, the front is a little different. so the rifle basix replacement sear should fit and work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's a bit different than the other pre accutrigger MKII BV i have.

honestly, without having it in front of me seeing how the mechanics of it are i cant figure out what to tell you.

you can maybe reshape that spring to give less tension, but if it gets F'd up, good luck on finding another. you can probably drill a pocket and put in a bic pen spring, but again if you F it up, good luck finding another part.

other than polishing up the sear engagement, maybe a rifle basix trigger will fit. just looking at my original sear taken out of my mkii, the rear part of the body has the same geometry as yours, the front is a little different. so the rifle basix replacement sear should fit and work.

</div></div>

Thanks for your input.I will eventually get brave and give the rifle basix bits a try.