• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SAW THIS AT THE GUNSHOW HAD TO HAVE IT/CRANKFIRE

Re: SAW THIS AT THE GUNSHOW HAD TO HAVE IT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parallax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't see those every day ...
smile.gif

In late WW2 (Iwo) some Marines, led by Corp. Tony Stein who had been a toolmaker in Dayton,OH, were looking for increased portable firepower then their BAR's could supply... Tony scavenged the aircraft version (ANM-2) of the M1919 and sorta fixed it up like the Army Rangers M1919A6 on steroids... 1200-1400 rpm rof. He won the Medal of Honor with it but was later killed. The A6 had a folding bipod at the end of the barrel and not as elegant of a stock.

anm2stingerqi0.jpg

</div></div>
Stein didn't make or design that MG. It was made by a former paramarine who had first done it on Bouganville.
He got permission to make some while preparing for battle, but only finished 6. 5 went to one company, and the maker carried one himself. Stein was in another company, and was the only guy to get one.
Stein carried it, used it, and showed great courage and skill for the two weeks until he got killed. But he didn't make it himself. Sgt Mel Grevich did.
The Army was already using the M1919A6 for half a year by then, with the Paratroops.
Basilone made a wire and wood bail to slide over the barrel sleeve, so the gun could be displaced quick and easy with a hot barrel, and could be fired from the hip in a pinch, as he personally did in training and on Iwo. It served as a carrying handle. I guess he learned his lesson from the burns he got from the M1917 water cooled on the Canal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think getting a faux Machine Gun, regardless of the price, is kinda like stuffing a cucumber in your shorts. If samebody calls your bluff, you will be very embarressed.
Having carried a M-60 for a couple years, the fascination of full auto crew served weapons wore off (after about 15 miles).
Seems like a big investment for something that is all looks, but doesn't deliver.

You would have been better off with a M1A. All that thing will do is take up space. It's a Ru Paul firearm.

Is that in .308? The rounds don't look like 06. </div></div>

If your talking since its not full auto it not worth haveing. If i really wanted to get the full auto and spend even more money i would have. I would rather use the extra money to get ammo for the other rifles in my stable.

And as far as just take up space only when i am not at the range with it.

The M1A is an outstanding firearm might get one someday but already have a 308 set up for 1000yd rifle.

Yeah it is 308.

But to each his own i respect your opinion I try not to be bias on matters. But i didn't have a belt fed weapon in my inventory yet so i got one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOW SBR that bad boy , 12" outa do a nice job !! Add a AK-74 style brake and you will have the range to your self after 20 rounds or so . </div></div>

Yeah you got that right for sure. would be cool though wouldn't just picture the fire spiting out of the break. That would be a kodak moment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stein didn't make or design that MG. It was made by a former paramarine who had first done it on Bouganville.</div></div>

Correct...The guns were built/designed by Sgt. Mel Grevich, but others assisted him. It is believed that Stein lent his skill and labor to building one or more of the stingers while assisting Grevich. When interviewed about the stinger's, Sgt. Grevich never mentioned Stein by name, but does say a machinegunner from Stein's company was given one of the few made. It makes sense that he was the only one outside the Sgt's company that got one because he had helped build them. Grevich and Stein knew each other, both were former Paramarines and although they served in different companies were noted for modifying and building equipment in the past.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I think getting a faux Machine Gun, regardless of the price, is kinda like stuffing a cucumber in your shorts. If samebody calls your bluff, you will be very embarressed.
Having carried a M-60 for a couple years, the fascination of full auto crew served weapons wore off (after about 15 miles).
Seems like a big investment for something that is all looks, but doesn't deliver.

You would have been better off with a M1A. All that thing will do is take up space. It's a Ru Paul firearm.

Is that in .308? The rounds don't look like 06. </div></div>

Sorry to disagree but semi auto copies of MG's have their place while I own a number of class III mg's I also bought a Vector RPD. Why spend 40K* when I have can at 1/10 the price something that looks the same and even if I had a FA RPD I wouldn't shoot it as frequently as other mg's I have. I have shot FA RPD's many times and much prefer shooting my MG 42, MG 34 and RP 46 than a FA RPD. Additionally some states don't allow FA weapons and many folks can't afford FA weapons. If your logic was consistant then it must also hold true for buying semi auto AR's and AK's. I would be supprised if you feel the same way in that case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your logic was consistant then it must also hold true for buying semi auto AR's and AK's. I would be supprised if you feel the same way in that case.</div></div>
Since you asked, I would never buy a semiauto Norinco made AK hunk of junk. I am no fan of the AK anyway, and giving money to Chinese Arms makers is disgusting to me.
A AR-15 in semi is fine with me, since as a former Marine Infantryman I wouldn't shoot auto (for very long anyway) with a M16A1 or A2. The AR-15, especially with a full barrel, is actually suitable for target. The various short AR's I'm no fan of, but understand their use in confined space.
If somebody wants a AR, I would suggest a AR-15 series, and if they want a vintage a M1 Carbine.
Vintage weapons are interesting, and would prefer one that came back as a trophy, if possible. Hopefully it came from the cold, dead hands of a enemy of America. The weapons of defeated enemies, from past wars, are fun. SVT's, SKSs (not new manufacture), or others of that type I could see. But I don't buy German cars because they tried to kill my Mother, and i don't buy Japanese cars because they tried to kill my father. I sure ain't gonna by a recent production commercial AK made by our current economic enemies. So they will be much more than that, and I don't want to finance it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your logic was consistant then it must also hold true for buying semi auto AR's and AK's. I would be supprised if you feel the same way in that case.</div></div>
Since you asked, I would never buy a semiauto Norinco made AK hunk of junk. I am no fan of the AK anyway, and giving money to Chinese Arms makers is disgusting to me.
A AR-15 in semi is fine with me, since as a former Marine Infantryman I wouldn't shoot auto (for very long anyway) with a M16A1 or A2. The AR-15, especially with a full barrel, is actually suitable for target. The various short AR's I'm no fan of, but understand their use in confined space.
If somebody wants a AR, I would suggest a AR-15 series, and if they want a vintage a M1 Carbine.
Vintage weapons are interesting, and would prefer one that came back as a trophy, if possible. Hopefully it came from the cold, dead hands of a enemy of America. The weapons of defeated enemies, from past wars, are fun. SVT's, SKSs (not new manufacture), or others of that type I could see. But I don't buy German cars because they tried to kill my Mother, and i don't buy Japanese cars because they tried to kill my father. I sure ain't gonna by a recent production commercial AK made by our current economic enemies. So they will be much more than that, and I don't want to finance it.</div></div>
I guess your up a creek without a paddle then..... Because just about everything we touch is made in china. What used to say made in USA is now stamped...China, china, china. If you drive a newer car or truck, I bet it has parts made in.........china.
Do I like it.......No.
If you shop in wal-mart......Your screwed.... They should call that store "China-Mart".
If you have an appliance/TV/stereo/microwave/dishwasher/clothes washer..........Look at the parts on it...Hell, just read the big label.......China
I wish everything was made in America
whistle.gif
.....except Swiss chocolate, Italian calzones, Greek Gyros, sandgria from spain, cut diamonds from Israel, anything engineered and made in Germany, gold and clean laundry from Bahrain or UAE, Tomaten suepen (I most likely mispelled that)from Switzerland and I could go WAY on, etc,etc,etc,etc,etc..
I respect your opinion but you are missing out on SOOO much if you just want what is only made here.
And by the way.... Fill out in your profile (I.E., where you are from)
...SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chrisdx3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You just need one of these now
</div></div>

Yeah that would be awsome. Maybe next time. Then again there is another gunshow coming up in a couple of weeks here again. HMMMMMMMMMM i better not right now but i will go and look that is if i do not have to work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your logic was consistant then it must also hold true for buying semi auto AR's and AK's. I would be supprised if you feel the same way in that case.</div></div>
Vintage weapons are interesting, and would prefer one that came back as a trophy, if possible. Hopefully it came from the cold, dead hands of a enemy of America. The weapons of defeated enemies, from past wars, are fun. SVT's, SKSs (not new manufacture), or others of that type I could see. But I don't buy German cars because they tried to kill my Mother, and i don't buy Japanese cars because they tried to kill my father. I sure ain't gonna by a recent production commercial AK made by our current economic enemies. So they will be much more than that, and I don't want to finance it. </div></div>

Politics aside many think that the Norinco/Poly Tech AK's were among the best of the AK's. They are certainly not hunks of junk. A little to much hyperbole for me.
PS I don't like Chinese built equipment either but unfortunately that's todays world economic situation.

Still new and unfired. I may thrown mine on the boards as Im ready for my first full auto purchase and need some funding. Will come with 200 rounds of linked ammo and tripod. PM me if interested or wait until I get time to draw up an add in the for sale forum.
100_4071.jpg

100_4072.jpg

Dog not included

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOOSEKNUCKLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
100_4072.jpg

</div></div>
Just what I always needed. A machine gun that will complement the color of my eyes.
I would look Fabulous!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DEDMNKY M82A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the T&E yesterday and got it on today here are some pics.

SANY0007-1.jpg

SANY0006-1.jpg

SANY0005-1.jpg

SANY0003-1.jpg
</div></div>

If you are going to do a lot of shooting I'd seriously think about getting a mount that will get you out of the prone position. After 1 day on the ground shooting my FA A4 I got a Mag 58 mount and had adapters made ($100) for the A4. Another mount that can be made to work with mods is the MG 42 AA mount. Much more enjoyable than laying prone behing the A4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DEDMNKY M82A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the T&E yesterday and got it on today here are some pics.

SANY0007-1.jpg

SANY0006-1.jpg

SANY0005-1.jpg

SANY0003-1.jpg
</div></div>

If you are going to do a lot of shooting I'd seriously think about getting a mount that will get you out of the prone position. After 1 day on the ground shooting my FA A4 I got a Mag 58 mount and had adapters made ($100) for the A4. Another mount that can be made to work with mods is the MG 42 AA mount. Much more enjoyable than laying prone behing the A4. </div></div>

I did actually look at an mg 42 aa mount i almost got it. I figure i will get one but later on down the road.

Ive got a 12' aluminum rowboat from the late 50's.... wonder what it would look like with a beast of a gun like that mounted on the front end? pending it doesnt sink it
cool.gif

Bet those pesky wake boats wouldnt mess with me when im fishing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please also post pics of your foxhole and sandbags in the front yard. Ha! Just kidding. It should be a lot of fun.
</div></div>

I kept getting funny looks from the neighbors when i put thge sand bags in the yard. So i had to put them away for now LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the noobie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got a 12' aluminum rowboat from the late 50's.... wonder what it would look like with a beast of a gun like that mounted on the front end? pending it doesnt sink it
cool.gif

Bet those pesky wake boats wouldnt mess with me when im fishing. </div></div>

A smaller version of this.

aronowmi47.jpg

Should have seen the faces on the bass fishermen when we tested this beast on Lake Monroe in Sanford Fl.

dang... that thing is SWEEET i want one~!
cool.gif

might have to break out the camo spray paint and make my boat have atleast a paintjob like that.. then ill get the gun.
whistle.gif

THAT IS SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the paintjob yeah i gotta get one of those. Time to start looking might find something that will work might not can't hurt to look. I got the gun now i need the boat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DEDMNKY M82A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I replaced the original pictures in this post with those of the 1919 with the crankfire installed. Check it out. </div></div>

Dude, Crank = Awesomeness!!! Dang I'm jealous. That thing screams "good times"
cool.gif

Hoping to get out to the range this weekend with it we'll see taking the Barrett out for sure with a friend and his Barrett. Will be posting videos on my youtube channel and i will be putting a link here.

Things pretty cool wish i could find one that fired .22lr id be set for hours of cheap fun!

What were you shooting at?

Tactical Innovations makes a crank fire 22lr. It takes two ruger 10/22's to put together
[img:center]http://www.tacticalinc.com/imagemagic.php?img=zOHCytncktPh0NXE6JOVoaKQlpyZnM3kyA%3D%3D&w=500&h=400&page=[/img]

That's wicked. Could it be fed by a stick magazine kinda like the original "Gatling" gun or maybe a feed ramp to ease the belt in at a less acute angle? Still looks like a lot of fun...expensive...but fun. thanks for sharing.

First we were shooting into a large 25 foot tall burm down range and yeah it is expensive but fun. They do make an attatchment for the tri-pod that holds the ammo can just lower than the feed "ramp". I will get one they make it to hold the ammo can then on the other side another can to catch the links and one underneath that will catch the casings.

No way to attach a magazine to it would be kinda cool if it did.