• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Sawtooth Rifles RRS rail

SwiftScope

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2018
Fresno, CA
Don't hear much around here about the Sawtooth RRS rails, I took a chance on one and it is a solid product and custom cut to the chassis which is a big plus in my opinion. They have offerings for all major popular chassis systems.

I do not work for Sawtooth, just trying to spread a great product and hopefully show someone another option.

Sawtoothrifles.com

Attachments

• 20190316_172345.jpg
    20190316_172345.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 20190316_172351.jpg
    20190316_172351.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190316_193421.jpg
    20190316_193421.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 129
  • 20190316_193431.jpg
    20190316_193431.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 20190316_193452.jpg
    20190316_193452.jpg
    778.6 KB · Views: 145
Sawtooth is solid. I’ve got one on my AXMC which sawtooth also cut the barrel for

Reactions: SwiftScope
any real big difference between that and arca swiss ? or is it just another option ? price materials ? uses

Well technically it's labeled "Arca" from Sawtooth, but these are 1.5' dovetails which is from the Really Right Stuff standard.

Attachments

• rrs.jpg
    rrs.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 54
Can anyone provide 1st hand experience on different clamps being used with the Sawtooth rails?

I have one of Sawtooth rails bolted to my Tikka Tac A1 and am trying to decide if spending the coin on an RRS is necessary or if I can get away with a less expensive option like a manfroto, sunway, etc.

Well technically it's labeled "Arca" from Sawtooth, but these are 1.5' dovetails which is from the Really Right Stuff standard.

Went to the website to check and though I'd pose this thought:

Even though the 1.5" dovetail is used, is it the true RRS spec with the cuts, angles, etc.? I had a third party Arca rail on my Whiskey 3 chassis and when using a RRS BTC-PRO on my Atlas, the fit and lockup wasn't even close when using the actual RRS rail for the W3.

If Sawtooth uses the exact same cuts, I'd imagine it is licensed from RRS and that too would be mentioned.

It's possible I'm wrong about Sawtooth (I'm sure their products are great) this but I think there is continued confusion that Arca = RRS and that just isn't the case.

I have a Sawtooth Arca rail on my AIAX. I've used a Ckye pod with their Arca clamp, an Atlas bipod with a RRS SC-LR clamp, and a RRS tripod with leveling base and RRS clamp. All have attached and held in place with no issue.

Sawtooth is great on many levels. He is moving right now so give him time to get resettled and he will be back on schedule soon I’m sure

Sawtooth is good to go. Matt's barrels plain shoot and he makes great accessories. Also happens to be a really nice guy.

Matt from sawtooth rifles does an excellent job, extremely professional
Would not hesitate to get stuff from him anytime

Question: looking to upgrade my RPRR to Swiss Arca/dovetail style mount.

Currently own three different size HARRIS bipods. Need an adaptor. Found really right stuff has a super clean set up but at $90 (x3) wondering............ is there a cheaper option out there? Or am I going to regret “cheaping out”

Even though the 1.5" dovetail is used, is it the true RRS spec with the cuts, angles, etc.? I had a third party Arca rail on my Whiskey 3 chassis and when using a RRS BTC-PRO on my Atlas, the fit and lockup wasn't even close when using the actual RRS rail for the W3.

If Sawtooth uses the exact same cuts, I'd imagine it is licensed from RRS and that too would be mentioned.

It's possible I'm wrong about Sawtooth (I'm sure their products are great) this but I think there is continued confusion that Arca = RRS and that just isn't the case.

FYI: The RRS spec is an open spec (requires no licensing). RRS was smart by not making it proprietary, and ensuring it's adoption by the community (since their stuff is considered by many to be the top shelf equipment).

Question: looking to upgrade my RPRR to Swiss Arca/dovetail style mount.

Currently own three different size HARRIS bipods. Need an adaptor. Found really right stuff has a super clean set up but at $90 (x3) wondering............ is there a cheaper option out there? Or am I going to regret “cheaping out”

I have 2-3 MPA RAT adaptors on my Atlas bipods and work great. IIRC they're a little cheaper than RRS...

Went to the website to check and though I'd pose this thought:

They use the open-spec RRS dimensions. my RRS clamp attaches with zero issue

Can anyone provide 1st hand experience on different clamps being used with the Sawtooth rails?

I have one of Sawtooth rails bolted to my Tikka Tac A1 and am trying to decide if spending the coin on an RRS is necessary or if I can get away with a less expensive option like a manfroto, sunway, etc.
As long as its cut to the 1.5 dovetail dimension it will work

Reactions: Tim_WNC
Another satisfied Sawtooth customer here. Recently had a 6.5cm built by Matt. Brought it home, shot three different loads that I had made up for other rifles just to break in the barrel a bit and zero a scope. All groups were .3-.4 MOA without even tailoring a load to the rifle. Very happy with it.

Reactions: SwiftScope