• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Scared....

netranger6

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Vicoria, Texas
Guys, this is the first time in my life that I have a real fear, even after 4 deployments. Wife comes home, and says she is worried about the U.S. Currency and the American life as we know it.

Now, for MY wife to come home and say this, there has to be something up. Anyone else scared for our future and the future of our children? Makes me want to pack up all my shit, and head to the mountains of WV with the rest of the family...

Re: Scared....

I'm right there with you! I'm afraid that our country is on the verge of something great, either a great recovery, or a great big downturn. Lots of people used to think I was strange or anti-social for wanting to "fall of the grid", not so many these days!

Thanks for your service to our country!

Kinda looking fwd to it. Daddy needs a new TV and whatever else I can loot and pillage.

Really though, there is no reason that we should be so arrogant as to think that civil war/chaos/anarchy/coup wont happen here. It's happened to every power, always.

France has toppled 5 times, Rome... etc. The U.S. has existed for a scant 250ish years which is a mere blink in relation to many of the countries who have seen countless changes and overthrows.

I do think a lot of this type of thinking is based on everybody's desire to live in simpler times or what they perceive to end up as simpler times, so we tend to fantasize about it without thinking about the reality of such an event. i.e. what we forget is that many of the people on the losing side end up dead, slaves, or starving.

"May you live in interesting times" is a Chinese curse.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, Francis Fukuyama wrote <span style="font-style: italic">The End of History</span>. If he had set out to be dead wrong, he couldn't have done better.

At least we are well armed. Seriously this country has been on the road to crap for some time. Lots of apathy in the populace and horrid leadership of a far too over reaching government......on both sides of the isle. We are so far from the foundation of this country and the vision of the forefathers that the USA is in trouble. I saw a fella the other day with a T shirt on that read "America: too late to fix without armed revolution and to early too start shooting".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep, been worried about it for 2yrs now. What can you do but prepare a little. Worring wont get you anywhere, if its gonna happen, its gonna happen. </div></div>
I know it is hard with the economy and money being short for lots of people but you have to do what you can to plan ahead for any unknown situation. I have three kids and for me the hardest part is trying to figure out how things would effect them more than me. I have to keep my family safe and do what I can to make sure that regardless of what happens that I can do my best to deal with their needs. Man made it a hundred years ago and look we are still here, it would be hard for people to go back to no power and running water but it is something that can be done.
Go out and buy some books that are specific about your area and type of landscape, like what types of plants can you eat, how to get clean water and such. Buy a 50 gallon water container and store your books, rice, SHTF goodies and hope you never have to open it. Do date the food so you know to start eating it before it goes bad and always switch out anything that could spoil. Write out a list of what to take if you have to bug out for a while and just plan ahead. People in my family have thought I was over thinking the problem until the last three years they are now asking for advice on what items they should have. Thanks for your service to this country and if any of your kids are over ten years old send me a PM and I will get a signed copy of my book to them.

Me too Ranger
I have been buying some seed and .22 ammo, fish hooks and stuff like that. I don't like the way it looks either but wtf can you do. If we have a collapse like yugo or argentina did there will be plenty of misery around. People in the city will be sucking hind tit or no tit and people in the country will be ok. Except that they may have to defend what they have at gunpoint.
But argentina survived and it is a great place to visit now.
The US may regress to 3rd world country in terms of standard of living, but we have got to quit all these retarded social programs and make people responsible for their own welfare. Look at Katrina. Had you raised the levee a hundred feet and filled it with water it would be a good start, but there are a hundred cities just like it and the number of people living on government handouts in the rural areas are innumerable.
Yes, I'd say we all ought to be concerned. But what more can you do except be prepared and have dirt to plow and a way to get water and seed and some bullets.

When I first came back to get spit on in 1966 it was to a changed nation. Could be I was blind before that first tour. It changed more in 69, an 1972 when I cam back as well, and has been moving toward a day of cleanup an conflict from that time on.

I've watched lying, cheating, an back stabbing, be rewarded with large sums of money an power advances. Hard work, honesty and doing the right thing means nothing anymore, just dig's you into a deeper hole.

This is the greatest country on this rock, but if it starts here, there will be nothing civil about it at all. Look around at all the buildings being built for emergency use. They have vault doors, with anti rooms. Solid Concrete and steel, an no windows.

The ability to defend yourself an family plus your storage will be the key to being able to vote again.
We, yes you and I, have let this happen, cleanup on aisle 3 is going be large and have very hard choices.

I've never allow my family to live in a large city for these very reasons. Nor do we travel to them w/o the ability to get back home by having plans, everyone fully understands before we leave home.

The word nabor is commonly used in many places of Alabama, not so much in it's larger city's though. According to friends an kin folk in other states that live in bigger city's they are felling the walls close in as well.

George Jones has a song that I play often, "Choices"

Gods law, will get us threw the coming time,... he may again have to turn a blind eye, once or twice though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every major power in history has gone through a downfall or revolution. Why should we think we are exempt from it happening to us? </div></div>

Amen

Guys,

I appreciate the concern. Concern is good as long as it's directed toward something positive but I don't agree with the gloom and doom. I've always believed in the old adage "<span style="font-style: italic">It's never that good, it's never that bad</span>."

It's bad for a lot of people today. No doubt about it. But I firmly believe the less we squabble about the the news, politics, etc., and more we concentrate on doing little things correct, increasing our knowledge, promoting education, and being collectively less cynical, we will return to prominence once again. I do not have the answers but this is just my opinion.

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, this is the first time in my life that I have a real fear, even after 4 deployments. Wife comes home, and says she is worried about the U.S. Currency and the American life as we know it.

Now, for MY wife to come home and say this, there has to be something up. Anyone else scared for our future and the future of our children? <span style="font-weight: bold">Makes me want to pack up all my shit, and head to the mountains of WV with the rest of the family.</span>.. </div></div>

Them mountains are gettin mighty crowded boy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, this is the first time in my life that I have a real fear, even after 4 deployments. Wife comes home, and says she is worried about the U.S. Currency and the American life as we know it.

Now, for MY wife to come home and say this, there has to be something up. Anyone else scared for our future and the future of our children? <span style="font-weight: bold">Makes me want to pack up all my shit, and head to the mountains of WV with the rest of the family.</span>.. </div></div>

Them mountains are gettin mighty crowded boy... </div></div>

Yeah, but our Mountain is about 2 hours from you. The Rainelle/Rupert area, between Lewisburg and Beckley.

Things won't simply collapse. At worst you end up with a singular world gov't and economy, which we're already drifting toward. The rich are indeed getting richer, the powerful more so, and would never just let their wealth become nothing. That means your wealth (however much) will never become nothing.

Be sensible, be prepared, don't be scared.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep, been worried about it for 2yrs now. What can you do but prepare a little. Worring wont get you anywhere, if its gonna happen, its gonna happen. </div></div>
I know it is hard with the economy and money being short for lots of people but you have to do what you can to plan ahead for any unknown situation. I have three kids and for me the hardest part is trying to figure out how things would effect them more than me. I have to keep my family safe and do what I can to make sure that regardless of what happens that I can do my best to deal with their needs. Man made it a hundred years ago and look we are still here, it would be hard for people to go back to no power and running water but it is something that can be done.
Go out and buy some books that are specific about your area and type of landscape, like what types of plants can you eat, how to get clean water and such. Buy a 50 gallon water container and store your books, rice, SHTF goodies and hope you never have to open it. Do date the food so you know to start eating it before it goes bad and always switch out anything that could spoil. Write out a list of what to take if you have to bug out for a while and just plan ahead. People in my family have thought I was over thinking the problem until the last three years they are now asking for advice on what items they should have. Thanks for your service to this country and if any of your kids are over ten years old send me a PM and I will get a signed copy of my book to them. </div></div>

My wife and I are very lucky, we live in a rural area. A river runs through here almost year around, we grow a little garden too. We can survive. Seeds is one thing we need to inveest in, I think they are a good idea. I have enough 22ammo to last us 5-6years, I NEED to get more powder for my 308, and bullets. I keep a quanity of pistol ammo loaded and stored. Their are a lot of wild hogs around here, and quail, some deer, but if honest to go shtf, all the game would be gone pretty quick I would guess. But, I am thinking of buying a couple cows so we would have a reproducing food source. Cattle are to damned high right now though.

FYI, if the service comment was directed at me, I didnt serve, its my one regret in life, no kids, only been married for 6 months. But thanks for the offer.

You make some good points

Im kinda hopeful for the end. I think it mite evan be a little fun, no cops, given a couple of weeks all the "trouble makers" will be dead, and all the ignorant a-holes that piss me off daily will probably be dead. Just my thoughts

Just calm down everyone. Everything will be fine. Reading some of your garbage it is apparent too many of you don't have enough to think about so you dream of <span style="font-style: italic">end days</span> for your minds to gnaw on for awhile before turning to another incoherent and irrational thought.