• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

School me on vertical grips

I really have no idea what i'm talking about as far as long range, terms, teaching, etc but to me.....the forward bulge on the right side of the MPA isolates my trigger finger (I'm right handed) so i get a much more pure trigger press straight to the rear. It just feels right. Tried it on my carbine with a 45 degree ambi safety and i really liked the way i rested my right thumb on the safety. Not sure its ready for duty use on a carbine but i'm thinking about it. Didn't seem to be a hindrance when shooting support side. Very happy with the MPA grip. I'm sure somebody with some knowledge can make it more easy to explain and make more sense-Norcal911

Reactions: quickdraw
I had Vudoo change my MPA chassis grip to a slanted one before delivery and absolutely LOVE it.

For those that got the vertical grip you can contact MPA and get their slanted grip and change yours.

I purchased the MPA grip to try and here is what I think,
The MPA has a thumb rest, I like that, it positions my hand and trigger finger and it “forces” a better engagement of the trigger and I think a more straight back pull on the trigger. I like that also.
It is a big grip and my hands are not huge but are on the larger side, it seems to fit me.

My daughter who’s hands are much smaller than mine tried it. And she immediately wanted that grip on her two rifles. She really likes it.
I do think a smaller version of it might be even better for her.

So it’s something I/we like. It does take a little to get used to as it is different on the hand position. It is not meant to be gripped, at least I don’t think so... each shooter can be different .

I've had the MPA grip and I currently have the Anarchy Outdoors grip. I like them both, but the AO fits great and doesn't require any fitting on a non-MPA chassis. I also have an Ergo grip and it's fine on my AR, but it's not designed to move my trigger finger to the right spot, provide a thumb shelf, etc. and a 0 degree grip feels more natural to me. I don't like the skeleton style of the AO, but that's a minor issue.

I saw pics of the new MDT grip about 6 weeks ago. I do like the looks of it, I emailed them about it and got a “we don’t have any new virtual grip but here’s what we have”.
So I ordered 4 MPA grips and put them on different chassis I have.

Last edited:
There is much more to the MPA vert. grip than just being vertical. The thumb rest and finger pad on the side offer some of the most important egos. Being able to isolate the finger pad of your trigger finger from the rest of your hand is a big deal and using your thumb and trigger finger to be able to pinch together while in unconventional positions that require the least amount of movement of the rifle to get off a perfect trigger press is vital at times.

Reactions: Rover31
There is much more to the MPA vert. grip than just being vertical. The thumb rest and finger pad on the side offer some of the most important egos. Being able to isolate the finger pad of your trigger finger from the rest of your hand is a big deal and using your thumb and trigger finger to be able to pinch together while in unconventional positions that require the least amount of movement of the rifle to get off a perfect trigger press is vital at times.

Certainly looks good, but I don't believe they make lefty, do they?

I purchased the MPA grip to try and here is what I think,
The MPA has a thumb rest, I like that, it positions my hand and trigger finger and it “forces” a better engagement of the trigger and I think a more straight back pull on the trigger. I like that also.
It is a big grip and my hands are not huge but are on the larger side, it seems to fit me.

My daughter who’s hands are much smaller than mine tried it. And she immediately wanted that grip on her two rifles. She really likes it.
I do think a smaller version of it might be even better for her.

So it’s something I/we like. It does take a little to get used to as it is different on the hand position. It is not meant to be gripped, at least I don’t think so... each shooter can be different .

I agree that it doesn’t seem like it’s meant to be gripped, it just feels a little off with the thumb wrapped around. Now with that said I narrowed the “web” and re-shaped it slightly and it feels great afterwards.

Reactions: Rover31
I must be in the minority because I’ve been having some problems with getting a good 90° trigger finger on it unless I hike my hand up on the grip. If I let my hand sit naturally I fell like I have more of a sloppy trigger finger.