• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SCOPE BASE ?

tookinkee

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2010
California
I got a 700 5R mil spec that I bought a few months back. Just put a Atlas bi pod and black hawk cheek pad. Looking at scopes and scope bases. I was looking at the badger, luepold, nightforce, and US optics bases. Just curious to see what you guys use and how it is working. I noticed a few use the built in RECOIL LUG and wondered if that helped much on a .308

Re: SCOPE BASE ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of great bases and rings out there, Seekins is good quaility at a great price, recoil lug bases not necessary on 308, but thats my opinion. </div></div>

Thanks appreciate it. I am also debating 2 piece vs 1. Talked to a few old timers that said didnt make a diff to them.

Re: SCOPE BASE ?

ken ferrel, nighforce, badger are all higher priced and quality units. then there are EGW that are cheaper and have a steel or aluminum and costs less, but are worth looking into. everybody seems to like them, and seems to run a one piece base too. you will see a 2 piece occasionally. those are all the names i recall easily. leupold too. and there is a guy that makes a nice one piece base if i can find the link