scope max elevation

Re: scope max elevation

For 300gr @2800fps, you need 60-70 moa elevation from 100 yard zero, depending on altitude and atmospheric conditions to hit 2000 yards target.

Assuming your scope is centered, take half the total elevation travel of the scope and go with that for scope base cant to max out your scope.

Quicktarget predicts about 86.75 moa to 2000 yards, running a 300gr SMK, 2800 fps MV, at sea level.

The Razor with 125 moa internal would be the better of the two. I'd mount it on a 40-45 moa base so I could dial in all the elevation needed, and still not be "topped out".

Figure you can add some holdoff via reticle as well, but it's nice to be able to dial in all the elevation, and use reticle for wind hold.

I had my 0MOA base remilled to 50MOA. I always like to have a bottomed out zero in the 100-300 range, that way I only have up adjustment.

50MOA with the Weaver T36 bottomed out was a 550 yard zero on my 300 WSM. I just bought a new Leupold with 94 MOA adjustment and Im hoping it bottoms out at 200 yards, if not I might get MOA rings.

You are going to have a difficult time finding something in 35mm rings or "uni-mount" with cant.

If you move to a scope with 30mm rings, Nightforce makes all in one "Uni-mounts" with built in cant. Check out their site, and you can see the options.

Hope this helps

I like a 100 MOA scope and 20 MOA in the reticle if your wonting to shoot to 2000 yards, it leaves some at the top so if your keen to shoot to longer ranges you can.

For those of you running a DTA or similar or just needing more elevation check out the unimounts from third eye tactical, Available up to 40 MOA with 30, 34 or 35mm rings. Only downside is they're in the UK for you guys in the US.

Third eye tactical

Burris signature rings are pretty nice. They have inserts that will offset up to 40 MOA. I have some on a 30/338 Lapua and they are rock solid. I also like the fact that the inserts will not mark, scratch or stress my NF scope

I use a Spuhr mount with 40+ MOA of slope, and with the 20MOA base on my rifle, I have a total of 60MOA which allows my S&B scope to adequately center the reticle for mile shots.

Ya, I think you would be close for sure.

Shot at 1760yards for the first time yester day and got some hits, was proud of the savage. Man the wind gets tricky out there.

The 110BA has 20 degree rail on it so that helps. SMK 300gr at 2756fps with 91.5gr retumbo. 56 moa elevation was the ticket for me. Im at 3500 feet above sea level and 29.80 B-preasure. Im sure if you shoot a 300gr berger and get it above 2820-2840fps you would be fine. May have to use your mil lines or dots just a little.