Rifle Scopes Scope Suggestions

Re: Scope Suggestions

The Vortex Viper is at the upper range of what you're wanting to spend but it's worth the money and will serve you well. If you want something lesser priced, look at the Bushnell Elite series and SWFA SuperSniper. You might also look at Hawke Sport Optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Counter Sniper...next </div></div>

Damn skippy!

First off I have been a member here for a year and a half, but some of us have been gone to places that don't exactly have a lot of internet services and when we get a chance to get on the internet, that time's better used speaking to friends and family. If you're taking the time to answer a post then why not just throw in your helpful two cents rather than be an asshole. I'm purely asking a question to get people's opinions and if you don't have anything worthwhile to offer, then don't. I do appreciate any help and will continue to search, but as I remember the search engine wasn't too shit-hot. The only reason I posted was because I've now got some money saved up, would like to complete my build as soon as possible, so when I'm not on the government's schedule I can go out and do a little relaxed shooting.

The main reason I'm asking is that I know most of the name brands in that price range, but would like to know if there are any up and comings people on the site know of. I haven't really decided which reticle I want, but I am leaning more towards a mil-dot due to the fact I would like to be able to use it for a little longer range and enjoy the ability to do quick holds.

Come on, if you guys don't like the post then don't reply. Now with that being said, you might want to break the bank and look at higher priced scopes. Good Luck!

Boog,

Don't worry about the harsh words. Every discussion board has people that fail to realize there is nothing new under the sun including questions on the internet. Everything they have asked about was probably also asked and answered in some previous thread on some forum somewhere.

I think the harshness may reflect the lack of specificity in your question. In the future you might consider puting down a little bit more detail about your experience or lack thereof, your intended application and any products you were considering.

I bought a Super Sniper 3-9 for my Armalite AR10T. i'm very happy for what I got for the money. I would try and get a scope with 12-15 on the top end the extra power is really nice for greater distance. I have done fine with 9 power at 750 yards but would have rather been able to crank it up to 15. Conversely if you go to high in power on the bottom end of the range you will sacrifice field of view and compromise the effectiveness of your stick at closer range.

These would be my recommendations based on your stated use and the long range potential of the rifle.

Weaver illuminated FFP mil 3-15 illuminated EMDR reticle
midwayUSA with SH disount code or liberty optics
Bushnell 3-12 FFP liberty optics or ProMotive.com with your .mil E-mail address
Vortex 4-16 PST mil FFP
Liberty optics
Super Sniper 3-9
SWFA use the SSHIDE code to get it for $540

I'm running the Armalite 30 mm one piece mount that came with my gun. I lapped it and it works great. I would also recommend Larue or ADM mounts for an AR.

Good luck you will be happy with any of these choices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 224Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boog,

Don't worry about the harsh words. Every discussion board has people that fail to realize there is nothing new under the sun including questions on the internet. Everything they have asked about was probably also asked and answered in some previous thread on some forum somewhere.

I think the harshness may reflect the lack of specificity in your question. In the future you might consider puting down a little bit more detail about your experience or lack thereof, your intended application and any products you were considering.

I bought a Super Sniper 3-9 for my Armalite AR10T. i'm very happy for what I got for the money. I would try and get a scope with 12-15 on the top end the extra power is really nice for greater distance. I have done fine with 9 power at 750 yards but would have rather been able to crank it up to 15. Conversely if you go to high in power on the bottom end of the range you will sacrifice field of view and compromise the effectiveness of your stick at closer range.

These would be my recommendations based on your stated use and the long range potential of the rifle.

Weaver illuminated FFP mil 3-15 illuminated EMDR reticle
midwayUSA with SH disount code or liberty optics
Bushnell 3-12 FFP liberty optics or ProMotive.com with your .mil E-mail address
Vortex 4-16 PST mil FFP
Liberty optics
Super Sniper 3-9
SWFA use the SSHIDE code to get it for $540

I'm running the Armalite 30 mm one piece mount that came with my gun. I lapped it and it works great. I would also recommend Larue or ADM mounts for an AR.

Good luck you will be happy with any of these choices.
</div></div>

see, this guy understands... we need more than, "I need a scope for my XXX, and I want to shooot YYY distance".... and it's not repeat topics we hate, it's ones that are repeated DAILY... if 3 guys posted this question yesterday, and you do it again today... you're a fucking retard!

and you're still a punk for implying that you couldn't do any research because you were deployed. in the time you've wasted on this POS thread, you could have at least asked an informed question...

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

^^^ Google-Sniper's hide custom search engine. This one is nice. Copy and paste it in the search bar

I entered... <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">what scope to get under $1,000</span></span> and these are a few that popped up

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1094306 <span style="font-weight: bold">"<span style="text-decoration: underline">What scope should I get for my DPMS LR .308?</span> </span>- Sniper's Hide Forums"

https://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1215191 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">".223 scope opinions under </span>$1000</span> - Sniper's Hide Forums"

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1566382 "<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">have a $1000. What scope whould I get? </span>-</span> Sniper's Hide Forums"

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1365998 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">"Need a scope under $1000 w/ Illuminated reticle </span></span>- Sniper's Hide Forums"

I do apologize for not being as specific as I should have been. I would prefer a 3-12X and an objective in the size range of 40-50mm. My original intent with the post was mainly to see if anyone knew of any promising new manufacturers that I could research along with the commonplace ones such as Bushnell, Leupold, Nikon, Swarovski, Zeiss, etc. Like I said I'd like to keep it in the price range but depending on if it's worth it I'd be willing to stretch it. Once again thanks for all the help so far.

Does anyone know anything about the quality of the Horus scopes? Gonna research but figured I'd ask. My old team leader had said they had shot some scopes with their reticle over in Stone Bay and heard rumors of possibly replacing the premier reticle in our S&Bs but it never happened. Their reticle is interesting enough, but haven't heard anything about durability, glass quality, and so on. The Weaver is also very attractive, especially at that price range.

anyone have thoughts against the Millet Tactical 4.5-16x50mm 30mm tube illuminated mil-dot. i only paid around 350 for it and it has not let me down yet. the lack of FOV at 14-16 power are less than desired, but all in all, for the money i am very pleased.