• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Scopes - Recommendations?

MeanAndUnseen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2010
OK, USA
Hey everyone, I am looking to acquire a rather inexpensive scope that has all the functions needed for LR shooting.

Can anyone tell me from experience about Millet scopes?
I found: Millett 6-25X56mm LRS-1 Matte Illuminated Multicoated Reticle 1/4 MOA Click Long Range Tactical Riflescope

It's being sold for $455, which aint bad IMO.
Are they worth the money? (My price range between $400-$1000)
I've always been a Weaver fan as well as Nikon...
But I cant find a sun shade for my Nikon, and my Weavers dont have target turrets, and windage adjustments.

Anywho, if anyone can recommend a scope for me and provide some feedback I would be very grateful!

Thanks guy and gals,
Stay Sharp

Re: Scopes - Recommendations?

I like this one, great scope for the price (around $800).

SuperSniper 10x42HD

1zv3n15.jpg

I am in the same boat as the OP. I just picked up a Savage 10FCP-LE in .308 on Monday. I have owned Super Snipers, Bushnell Elite 3200's, Leupold VX-II and III and some others.

I am leaning towards another SS 10x or 16x but the Vortex scopes have me thinking again.

Are the Vortex scopes worth it or not? Millet? Or just screw it and get another SS and some TPS rings and a base from SWFA and be done with it.

Sorry for the stomp.

Damn it ranger, you are going to drive the price up on these things if you don't quit telling everyone about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get this one $569.95. It's a steal at that price!

*CONTRACT OVERRUN* CSO Aluminum series 2-16x44

65.jpg

For future reference, Google's custom Sniper's Hide Search Engine is your friend. Save it to your favorites next to your link for the Sniper's Hide. It will answer many of your questions for you.

Sniper's Hide Search Engine
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn it ranger, you are going to drive the price up on these things if you don't quit telling everyone about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get this one $569.95. It's a steal at that price!

65.jpg

For future reference, Google's custom Sniper's Hide Search Engine is your friend. Save it to your favorites next to your link for the Sniper's Hide. It will answer many of your questions for you.

Sniper's Hide Search Engine </div></div> </div></div>

My bad. Burn after reading.

65.jpg

Sniper's Hide Search Engine
</div></div>

I like what I see!
Not a bad price either! Thanks for showing!
One question though, can I find a sun-shade for it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One question though, can I find a sun-shade for it?</div></div>
I do believe the Bertrilium Crapolium coatings of the CS over-runs negate the need for sunshades altogether...
Not only that, the aramid layers of Crapolium are intermeshed in such a fashion as to effectively become a functional ARD. Pretty impressive stuff, right there...

I have a couple of Millet scopes and haven't had any issues with them. One is on my .243 and my M-4. does the scope come with rings? if so not a bad deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With Counter Sniper rings. Wow!!!!! </div></div>

Are those rings or heat sinks???? I must be new to this cuz that's the busiest recticle I've seen yet. I think Iron Man had less stuff on the display.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With Counter Sniper rings. Wow!!!!! </div></div>

Are those rings or heat sinks???? I must be new to this cuz that's the busiest recticle I've seen yet. I think Iron Man had less stuff on the display. </div></div>
This coming from the Sith with a two-sided light saber: one blade wasn't good enough for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This coming from the Sith with a two-sided light saber: one blade wasn't good enough for him. </div></div>

We Sith's like low profile sabers with simple recticles .....