SG Ammo is back in action - Good Deals

Gustav7

Son of a Gun...
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 18, 2019
    Ohio (OH)
    Just got a message from SGammo:

Thank you for subscribing to the SGAmmo.com newsletter. If you have trouble viewing this email you can see the newsletter at this link: Bulk Ammo in Stock

A lot has changed in the ammo business over the past 40 days as the Covid-19 outbreak created the largest rush to purchase ammo in all of history. Supply has been badly diminished, and bottlenecks in manufacturing and distribution will continue cause shortages for months yet to come. From what I am seeing the worst is yet to come on ammunition availability which I believe will reach its worst in the next 30 to 90 days. The buyer's market conditions which I have talked about in so many prior newsletters that brought ammo prices to 12 year lows in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 have passed. I hope most people followed my advise in the past and stocked up while supply and prices were at their best. At this time supply has for the most part been bought up, most ammo factories and importers have done substantial price increases, and moving forward availability will be limited to what the factories can make and allocate to their distributors. Covid-19 has caused some ammunition factories in Europe and Russia to close and / or reduce production, and most likely that will spill over here to some of the manufacturers in the USA at some point. I'd love to stay positive but realistically there are dark times ahead for the ammunition supply chain. All things considered, I believe we still have some decent deals in stock, admittedly not as good as they were, but not as bad as I expect them to become. If you are sitting on large quantities of ammo it might be wise to sit it out for a while but if you are short in supply it might be a good idea to get a few cases before availability gets worse. We thank you for your support of our family owned and operated business and will do our best to serve our clients well in these strange times, so please stay subscribed for future SGAmmo newsletters. If you have some spare time please take a few minutes and look over the online catalog at www.SGAmmo.com

Sam Gabbert - SGAmmo Owner

Just picked up some South Korean M80 ball, which shoots pretty well out of my M1A. 460 round can for $229. Thats only $13 more than it was 6-8 months ago before all this kicked off. Not sure how long some of his deals will last.

Reactions: Tono
    Just picked up some South Korean M80 ball, which shoots pretty well out of my M1A. 460 round can for $229. Thats only $13 more than it was 6-8 months ago before all this kicked off. Not sure how long some of his deals will last.
    I was buying the Malaysian for $311 per 900 shipped, I bought 9k rounds off him and he raised the price .

I placed an order for a case of Fiochhi .223 55gr. last night, will be here on Thursday. A little higher than normal cost by about $30. Pretty darn good for the times. I'm a big fan of SGammo too, have ordered from them many times in the past.

In for all the twats that will scream "gouger" for selling ammo for more than its historic low even though you didn't get it that cheap. ?

SG Ammo is and has been awesome. I've purchased a lot of ammo from them over the years.

Reactions: Gustav7
    In for all the twats that will scream "gouger" for selling ammo for more than its historic low even though you didn't get it that cheap. ?
    SG Ammo is and has been awesome. I've purchased a lot of ammo from them over the years.

Exactly. Price gouging is what Cheaper Than Dirt did. I'm honestly surprised he didn't raise them more, but Thats why I love SG ammo. I can only imagine his costs are going up, working non stop...probably hiring more people, and still only elevated prices slightly. And always a fair shipping price

Reactions: BJG56
    Target Sports is keeping their .308 Federal GMM ammo at reasonable prices too. Currently, 185gr Berger Juggernaut is available there and even a bit cheaper than Federal 175gr Sierra MatchKing. Maybe that's a benefit of shooting an "obsolete" round. ;)

I ordered from them the first time a couple months ago, when I bought 2k rounds of CCI Clean 22 subsonic. Very easy to deal with, had the best price, and reasonable shipping. Will keep an eye on them in the future.