• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SH Sept. 2009 rimfire scores thread

Re: SH Sept. 2009 rimfire scores thread

September multiple match scores

100YP-TQ4

Name: TOP PREDATOR
Class: scope
Rifle: savage mkII
Ammo: Aguila G. Eagle Match Rifle
Match: 100YP-TQ4
Score: 294-17x

100YP-35RDP

Name: TOP PREDATOR
Class: scope
Rifle: savage mkII
Ammo: Aguila G. Eagle Match Rifle
Match: 100YP-35RDP
Score: 29 of 30

200YP-57RDP

NAME: TOP PREDATOR
CLASS: SCOPE
RIFLE: SAVAGE MKII
AMMO: AGUILA G. EAGLE MATCH RIFLE
MATCH: 200YB-57RDB
SCORE: 26 OF 30

200YP A-21

NAME: TOP PREDATOR
CLASS: SCOPE
RIFLE: SAVAGE MKII
AMMO: AGUILA G. EAGLE MATCH RIFLE
MATCH: 200YB-A21
SCORE: 280-5x

September Multiple Match Scores

I have never seen conditions as calm as I did today. I only had to dope .4 mils at 200. It is not fair shooting in these conditions. But I think I might have maxed out my 200 yard score with this ammo. I am testing some new killer stuff right now. At 100 yards, I was not shooting well. My X-count dropped a lot since last match.

100YP-TQ4

Name: Carter Mayfield
Class: Scope
Rifle: Remington 40X Custom
Ammo: Eley Match
Match: 100YP-TQ4
Score: 300-13X

200YP-A21

Name: Carter Mayfield
Rifle: Remington 40X Custom
Ammo: Eley Match
Match: 200YP-A21
Score: 293-11X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ummmm...with those scores,i wouldn't change a thing on your set up</div></div>

I am running out of my good 200 yard ammo. I have less than a brick left, so I don't have much of a choice but to test more. Those are the best 200 yard scores I think I will ever get. Seriously, this is the most calm weather I have ever shot in. That is what is not fair about a long range Internet competition. This is so condition-dependent. Last month, I was shooting in full-value 12 mph winds, but they were very consistent winds.

My 100 yards went down quite a bit in terms of X-count. Anyone else with a 300 will probably beat me in X's. That is poor shooting because I know my setup can do better and the conditions were ideal. Not so much me being cocky as knowing that I have better potential.

At some point, I would like to open up a new thread on learnings from shooting at longer ranges with 22LR. That was one of the stated goals of this comp. I am learning a lot.

I need to make up some paper gongs since PA public ranges don't allow metal. Here are some target scores.

100YB-TQ-4

Name: Steve Morgan
Rifle: Savage MKII BTV
Ammo: SK Standard Plus
Match: 100YB-TQ-4
Score: 297-11X

200YB-A21

Name: Steve Morgan
Rifle: Savage MKII BTV
Ammo: SK Standard Plus
Match: 200YB-A21
Score: 289-8X

September 2009 looks like:

100yp tq4

carter mayfield Score: 300-13X
top predator Score: 294-17x

100YB-TQ-4

Steve Morgan Score: 297-11X

100YP-35RDP

top predator Score: 29 of 30

200YP-A21

Carter Mayfield Score: 293-11X
top predator Score: 280-5x

200YB-A21

Steve Morgan Score: 289-8X

200YP-57RDP

top predator Score: 26 OF 30

the originator of the matches JOE MARTIN is back, i didn't mean to hijack your deal, just wanted to get Sept. 2009 posted. she's all your's for October.

WE NEED MORE SHOOTERS!

let's welcome Steve Morgan not only to the Hide, but to our rimfire matches.....his scores look like he'll fit in just fine.

Thanks Top Predator, and thanks to everyone who contributes to these boards! I wouldn't have been able to set my rifle up so sweet without all of the information shared on this forum. My rifle is a Savage MarkII BTV with the Tasco 6-24x Varmint scope that sits in Burris Signature Rings(high) with +20moa insert in the rear ring. She shoots so nice I've been neglecting my other guns.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
the originator of the matches JOE MARTIN is back, i didn't mean to hijack your deal, just wanted to get Sept. 2009 posted. she's all your's for October.

WE NEED MORE SHOOTERS!

let's welcome Steve Morgan not only to the Hide, but to our rimfire matches.....his scores look like he'll fit in just fine.
</div></div>

Thanks Top Predator for picking up the pieces for me. It's good to know that we have a fall back system that you, I, or one of the other folks here can step in and keep things going.

I see you already have the October thread started, so with any luck I'll be able to get a score or two posted Wednesday. It's raining here today so I think I'll stay at home. I know,,, fair weather shooter...
laugh.gif

Welcome to the games Steve Morgan!
smile.gif
Nice shooting guys! Sorry I had to miss September.