• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Shooting Glasses

Re: Shooting Glasses

New year is hear so get some eye pro to protect them eyes!

Contact me for the 40% of discount code for ESS

I got a pair of ess crossbow supressors (note the supressor has the thin side frame which is different than the regular model crossbow) and I can say I don't use anything else now. I got my light prescription inserts and they work very well and even have a retention lanyard. The BEST part about them is when your using ear pro muffs or MICH / MSA com gear they are uber thin at at the side of your head so they are very comfortable for long durations with muffs and don't add pressure points. Not quite usable with the M40 Field Protective Mask, but I am pretty sure you won't be worrying about that.

I'm a Rudy Project user. Love their eye wear. Probably some of the highest quality you can find. At SHOT I had a chance to stop by the ESS booth and they showed one new feature that I thought was an excellent and much needed idea. Thinner ear temples that don't interfere with the seal of ear muffs. Some glasses have such thick temples that they tend to be uncomfortable when worn with muffs. Thumbs up to ESS for that idea.

Nomad, glad I had a chance to have a short chat with you at SHOT. Hope you had a great time at the show.

I just ordered a pair of Rudy Project Rydon's with the impact lenses. If you use 'gmclane' as the promo code, you save 40%. I have used Rudy's for over 10 years for cycling and have to say they're great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DTdr2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sent Nomad a pm. Hope to get my discount code in order to try out ESS Crossbow. </div></div>

You shouldn't be disappointed, I love my Crossbows and the smoke lenses also do double duty as my driving sunglasses. They are comfortable, have good protection/coverage, and do not fog.

I have 2 pair of the Rudy Rydons and while I love the glasses the lenses have been problematic. I am now on my third set of photochromatic impact lenses. All three have suffered from what appears to be a "melting" of a middle layer. The inner and outer surfaces are perfect but there is some sort of inner layer that is defective. The only chemical that these lenses are exposed to is sunscreen.

Rudy has replaced the lenses with no questions asked but it is getting to be a hassle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oakley flak jackets XLJ's.
</div></div>

+1 Flak Jackets

I like the M Frames also... tried GasCans but didn't care too much for them. The bronze iridium polarized lens tint is what I prefer.

I can't seem to find anyone with the Rudy Projects in stock. I would like to try them on before purchasing them. Anyone know anywhere in middle TN that keeps them? I called several dealers and most are doctor offices that can order them...

Thanks
RIchard