Shooting out past 1 mile with prefit barrles

Just seeing if anyone uses that for elr and if they lose accuracy or anything over a shoulder barrel. Sorry when you have kids sometimes things dont come out clear when in hurry typing lol i

Reactions: jasent
There’s no real answer. A barrel is as a barrel does. I could start talking about how prefits are not as good as semi custom rifles with gunsmith fitting, and there’s someone that’s on here that will have had a different experience. Range of fire aside.

So, really, the answer is it depends. If you’re looking to simply swap out a barrel, check head space, load and shoot...will it be accurate? It might. It might not. You’ll know when you try. As far as for a mile...well you’ll have to see at close/r range how it does now, won’t you. At a mile, everything starts becoming an issue. One might be quick to blame a barrel and come to find out there’s really bad ES and shitty fundamentals.

I have 4 prefit barrels. All shoot 1/4-1/2 moa with hand loads. My favorite are the McGowen’s. 2 of those I re chambered my self. I just don’t like gunsmith fees or waiting. It’s worked well for me.

All are straight/ no taper 28”-32” fast twist barrels

I have 4 prefit barrels. All shoot 1/4-1/2 moa with hand loads. My favorite are the McGowen’s. 2 of those I re chambered my self. I just don’t like gunsmith fees or waiting. It’s worked well for me.

All are straight/ no taper 28”-32” fast twist barrels
Thank you very much for info man. I just wantes to see if alot of guys were doing it with success before i did it lol i know that guy set record with a factory savage barreled action but wanted more conformation. I dont want to pay high prices i wanna shoot lol

Reactions: jasent