Shortest barrel length for AR pistol.

I have a 7.5" 5.56 range toy from battle arms. It has been 100% reliable unsuppressed and suppressed (sandman k).

I wouldn't really recommend going under 10.3" unless it's strictly a range toy.

I believe SLR has gotten 4.5-6.5" guns reliable.

Like mention 10.5,11.5, or 12.5. Do not go anything less then that.

Personally my AR type rifles stay around the 11-11.5 mark due to them staying suppressed.
I agree with this. I've had them all but 11.5 is the answer for fewer problems and less wear and tear. i have a 10.5" i wont take apart because it shoots so well with the criterion barrel, but if the SHTF I'd grab my 11.5 LMT. If you really want to go super short SLR has it figured out. i have a 5" 300 blk from them that runs with everything

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Shortest?

I think one I threw together is 5".

1658874391784.jpeg

Had a 7.5 inch 7.62x39 that was 100% reliable after tuned correctly. Never canned it, cause it was a fire breathing dragon. Didn’t trust it with any can

For "serious" work, I think 10" is about as short as you want to go. I settled on 11.5" for my HD AR, but my curiosity got the better of me and I'm building out a 7.5" for the hell of it.

Reactions: msgriff
Is that 5" 1:5 the same 5.56 that you're having function issues with in your other thread? What's the lightest bullet that you run?
I just put this on together today. and am trying the new 3 inch shorty system instead of the buffer......55 grain is lightest so far my 7 it likes 55 to 60s range really well