• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Shot Show Blow

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
    Hi,

Maybe now the NSSF will finally start listening to the industry in regards that the show needs to be redesigned, revamped and rebirthed as it has not kept up with the changes in the industry.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Reactions: Sierra770
    What's the back story?

Hi,

That Shot Show sucks more donkey dick than Tijuana Sue.....

The show has lost its' meaning and needs to be split into 2-3 different genre of exhibitions.

Tactical
    Hunting
    Competition Shooting

It also hasn't kept up with the modernization of reaching customers.

Think about it for a minute...

All these "gun store" workers being catered to; aka crowding the aisles with milk crates strapped to luggage carts with zero purchasing ability.... yet companies like Sig do not sell to those gun stores...they sell to 4-5 distributors....so why spend 800k of exhibiting at the show.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Makes sense. I thought they were trying to curb the mass open visitors? Sad to see another casualty to the industry. I have been asked to go before and while I thought it might be interesting I don't like trade shows alot.

About zero actual business written, all soft ROI networking and marketing. Attended most years for past 20…for a decade as a wholesale buyer I quietly cursed all those rolling crates as I ran from one appointment to the next…. Over time, the bad began to seriously outweigh the good.

FFL’s selling badges to consumers posing as employees/buyers clogging the show floor, then add all the bloggers and new media with no quantifiable audiences, then all the folks with “trainer” credentials…NSSF making significant chunk of their operating budget off exhibitors and attendees.

Reactions: Bender
    Hi,

That Shot Show sucks more donkey dick than Tijuana Sue.....

The show has lost its' meaning and needs to be split into 2-3 different genre of exhibitions.

Tactical
    Hunting
    Competition Shooting

It also hasn't kept up with the modernization of reaching customers.

Think about it for a minute...

All these "gun store" workers being catered to; aka crowding the aisles with milk crates strapped to luggage carts with zero purchasing ability.... yet companies like Sig do not sell to those gun stores...they sell to 4-5 distributors....so why spend 800k of exhibiting at the show.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Yes sir, when I was in the industry I wondered about this for years...!

Yes sir, when I was in the industry I wondered about this for years...!
    Yes and no, SIG sells dealer direct via three national buying groups (think Costco) as well as via two step distribution. Maybe 8-10 wholesalers distribute SIG currently. Two step distribution has its own organization and yearly trade show in NASGW.

I went to SHOT as a press attendee for the money but I'm in no hurry to go back, I hate Vegas and SHOT is not some awe inspiring experience. There were only a few booths where I really got to enjoy stopping by to shoot the shit but it was literally like three or four booths tops. Most of the people staffing the exhibitor booths don't know shit about anything in that booth and just direct you to the media handouts and some free swag.

When I worked for a firearms training company, I went to SHOT a couple times. I didn't really pay much attention to the big boys but enjoyed some conversations with the basement dwellers.

My wife wants to go to shot with some of her friends.

I'm not having a problem with it as she has paid her dues and got elected to the bod for her group.

Traveling has got to the no damn fun point these days, I'd rather drive.