SHOT worthless w/o public access

That's the whole point of my dealer network. I sell to my dealers and its their responsibility to sell to the customers. As a manufacturer there's not nearly as much business in single sales to individuals as there is in bulk distribution to retailers. It just doesn't work that way.

If my dealers aren't moving our products its either a product problem or a dealer problem. We work with them figure out which it is and either fix the product or find a better dealer.
We're getting off topic again. My town has 3 mom & pop gun stores, as many pawn shops, a Big 5 and Walmart. Your dealers are not likely among them.

The real purpose for shot is for dealers to set up distribution chains. It’s for new products to get in front of writers, shooters, LE, military and retailers. It’s not for the general public. It is so ducking crowded as it is if it were open to the public you wouldn’t get in anyway because by the time the people have money to spend buying in bulk have filled the exhibition hall the fire marshall would shut it down. Become a blogger and apply for a media badge, easiest way to get in.
I don't disagree, but like my OP I would be at the mercy of Google and the ilk.

We're getting off topic again. My town has 3 mom & pop gun stores, as many pawn shops, a Big 5 and Walmart. Your dealers are not likely among them.
then get your fucking FFL and go to SHOT like a big boy. become a dealer for all the high end shit. get good prices. like everyone else does. you're not special.

but you're acting like a 16 year old in his parents basement

Reactions: Pbgt and hypertex
Does it actually make sense to you all that the largest expo/convention is closed to the public? That's the point I'm trying to make.

Absolutely it does.

And in fact, SHOT show is getting worse and worse as the years go on, as each year more of the public "trickles in" to the show, watering down the whole purpose of the show and filling it with tactical clothes wearing douche bags that aren't going to buy any products from the show.

Not letting the public in is the complete point.

Go to the NRA convention.

Absolutely it does.

And in fact, SHOT show is getting worse and worse as the years go on, as each year more of the public "trickles in" to the show, watering down the whole purpose of the show and filling it with tactical clothes wearing douche bags that aren't going to buy any products from the show.

I want to go to SHOT to display my perfectly formed man bun and custom tailored tactical taper pants with my perfectly paired man purse.

I can’t imagine what kind of gong show it would be if nobody idiots like me could go.

OP
If you can’t finds the thing you want in this Information Age the manufacturer doesn’t want to sell to you or you should put your head in a bucket of water and perfect the art of blowing bubbles

Last edited:
I want to go to SHOT to display my perfectly formed man bun and custom tailored tactical taper pants with my perfectly paired man purse.

I can’t imagine what kind of gong show it would be if nobody idiots like me could go.

OP
If you can’t finds the thing you want in this Information Age the manufacturer doesn’t want to sell to you or you should put your head in a buckle of water and perfect the art of blowing bubbles
love me some man buns getting dunked in water buckles

Reactions: hypertex
love me some man buns getting dunked in water buckets
Lol
I was eating and had higher priorities than proofreading.
D2AE4FE5-292F-4343-9968-DB1309AF4524.jpeg

Absolutely it does.

[/Q

Said it before....It's just not geared to the public. When I'm at a tradeshow (again...not firearms or outdoor related at all) I am spending my time talking to people who are waiting to give me a purchase order for $150k (or more). We "could" have general public in there but it isn't worth my time (not being rude, just real) to work on a $500 sale. Sales teams work on commission and the numbers aren't there for the small-time sales. The time required to make 500 small sales is so much more than just landing one big order from a distributor.

The shows are about showing off new products, but they are just as much about networking and sitting down with potential or existing customers to convince them why my products are better than someone else. A lot of our big deals start at these shows.

That said, there are a lot of venues that are open to the public. Mom & pop LGS probably aren't the best place to get the newest tech but the internet puts it all at your fingertips and it can be on your doorstep in 2 days...

Best idea so far was a directory. The directing body of the event could have a listing of the participants and a short description of debut items. An online version compendium would negate the fear of the document getting too big.

I'm not getting an FFL just to go to SHOT. You cannot look an item up on the internet if you don't know what it's called. Mentioned these points several times. Reading must not be your strong suit.

Two practical and on topic answers in 58 posts; must be a record.

I'll take me some fish and chips...:)

Best idea so far was a directory. The directing body of the event could have a listing of the participants and a short description of debut items. An online version compendium would negate the fear of the document getting too big.

I'm not getting an FFL just to go to SHOT. You cannot look an item up on the internet if you don't know what it's called. Mentioned these points several times. Reading must not be your strong suit.

Two practical and on topic answers in 58 posts; must be a record.

I'll take me some fish and chips...:)
Then fuck head to England. Tons of gun stuff there.

that's ok there was a posting in the forums about a shot show sort of , for shooters in Georgia , god willing maybe they will post again next year that sounded pretty cool . I have not heard much if it already happened or maybe its still to come and if someone that goes would or could share more on what they saw .

So, OP depending on who the vendor is and what they are selling they could be negotiating 500k to million dollar contracts with foreign entity.
SHOT show doesnt owe any one anything.

I would rather go to that gun show in georga that welcomes people who buy the tickets they had a really neat post on it a few months ago I feel a little less smart thinking i bookmarked the information on it while I did not the industry can have its shot show or sema I'll spend my money else where .

Honestly tho, pretty sure every one in the industry is fucking TIRED of the chinese ripping off their products. Don't they have some chinese nationals get arrested there for that every year?
One time they even released a Zeiss scope before Zeiss did. Having that open to the public doesnt help that.

Reactions: Fig and M8541Reaper
Hi,

Shot Show is actually pretty much useless in regards to Government contracts.
Very few Government contracts do not go through the tender/solicitation procurement process.
There are way better exhibitions geared specifically to Government elbow rubbing and contacts than Shot Show.
SOFIC, IDEX, Eurosatory, SOFEX, Modern Warrior, etc etc

Shot Show is designed as a manufacturer to DEALER exhibition, connection and ordering.

Now in regards to arrests at Shot Show, lolol....every single year a USA based manufacturer has someone arrested for violation and/or intention to violate ITAR.

While at the same time Shot Show in itself is a violation of ITAR in regards to allowing foreigners to put their hands on certain NV and Thermal equipment. To the point the US Department of Commerce consulate arranged meetings for International guest of Shot Show to do that with me, lolol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Petrov