• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sig 238 with Laser?

Re: Sig 238 with Laser?

Jesus man you been asking a lot of questions latey...

smile.gif

Where is my two dollars?

If that product number is: 238-380-TL, Two-Tone, SIGLITE Night Sights, Two-Tone Alloy Grips, Laser Module, it's a good price. MSRP is $829.

I have had no issued with mine. Had some initial problems during the 250 round break in, but after that, pretty much flawless. At 7-10 yards, it's very accurate with irons.

Feeds ball ammo with no issues. For SD I carry Gold Dots, and Critical Defense, which the pistol feeds with no issues.

I removed my laser, and carry without it. I usually pocket carry it in the hotter months, in the SIG pocket holster, Condition 1. The safety is real positive on it, and coupled with the SIG pocket holster, I feel it safe to carry that way.

it's a neat pistol, that sounds like a good deal, i'd jump on it if i were you. my friend carries one daily, and they tend to shoot pretty good. i've got a kimber ultra carry II coming, but the 238 is on my list too.

Personally I would pass on the p238. I own two, and both have had issues with feeding reliably. Talking to the guys at my gun shop they have heard of similar problems from other customers.

Is it fun to shoot? yes

Would I bet my life on it? absolutely not

As a side note, depending on how large your hands are, the inside edge of the laser unit will slam into your knuckle next to your fingernail every time you fire with a fair bit of force. There is really no way around it, because the laser takes up precious space inside the trigger guard. Its not a big deal but after firing a box of 50 rounds your finger will not be happy.

I would definitely go the p239 or p228 route myself if you want a smaller pistol and are set on a sig. Personally I carry a p220 full size. You may also want to check out the new p290 if you don't have anything against polymer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is your experience with this gun for a subcompact carry weapon? Any reliability issues? Is $470 for a NIB with laser a good price? </div></div>

Fucken mall ninja...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is your experience with this gun for a subcompact carry weapon? Any reliability issues? Is $470 for a NIB with laser a good price? </div></div>

Fucken mall ninja...
grin.gif
</div></div>

Sorry you live in a state where concealed carry is a wet dream.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is your experience with this gun for a subcompact carry weapon? Any reliability issues? Is $470 for a NIB with laser a good price? </div></div>

Fucken mall ninja...
grin.gif
</div></div>

Sorry you live in a state where concealed carry is a wet dream.
grin.gif

</div></div>

Not in Sacratomatoe anymore Jason. Got a new Sheriff in town that's pretty much shall issue.