• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig Scorpion opinions

Re: Sig Scorpion opinions

Their the same pistol as the rest of their 1911s just flashier looking. They shoot very well and are of good quality. But they are not the equivalent of alot of semi custom guns I think sig tries to compare them to. They are not on the sane level of Springfields trp guns. I think their a good value for the price but truth betold im skeptical if sigs warranty abilities should the need arise.

i looked for one after shot and found one finally at a local shop. very good value for the money. have shot about 150 rounds through it with no issue. shoots good so far with factory remington bulk box ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their the same pistol as the rest of their 1911s just flashier looking. They shoot very well and are of good quality. But they are not the equivalent of alot of semi custom guns I think sig tries to compare them to. They are not on the sane level of Springfields trp guns. I think their a good value for the price but truth betold im skeptical if sigs warranty abilities should the need arise.

</div></div>

Respectfully disagree. Unless Sig has completely cheapened up their 1911s, they are the finest 1911 you can purchase for under $2000. No castings, no MIM parts. Its all billet and very nicely fitted.

As for the warranty, I have no idea what youre talking about. Sigs warranty is great. I had to send mine back because the "manhole cover" started to come loose. They promptly sent me a shipper. I wrote a note with the pistol asking if they would mind tuning up the trigger a little more while they had it because it was good, but not amazing.

I promptly got my pistol back, perfectly cleaned, perfectly oiled, with the crispest 1911 trigger Ive ever felt.

Edit: I might add that mine is a Revolution model, without the rail. I've only run maybe 1000 rounds in it, but it has happily scarfed down remington green box, winchester white box plus my 185, 200 and 230 grain reloads charged from mild to quite warm, with zero malfunctions whatsoever. I've also never seen another autopistol puddle spent brass in such a neat pile.

I run the Blackwater Sig 1911 as my carry and shoot alot pistol. I am pretty sure they are the same gun with different coating/grip. It is one of the best pistols I have ever owned and runs perfect. I have 6,000 to 8000 rds throught it

I would highly recomend Sig 1911. I like stuff that works and it does. The external extractor bothers some rigid 1911 traditionalist but again I like stuff that works

I picked up a Scorpion on a whim last weekend. Admittedly, I didn't care for the straight trigger, so swapped in the $20 Nigthawk trigger you can find just about anywhere. This gun is a fantastic shooter and is right up there with the most accurate pistols I've ever fired. SIG claims the trigger is 5lbs, but mine checked out at exactly 4. I picked mine up new for $850. Dealer cost on them is $797 so finding them under $900 shouldn't be too hard. IMO the list of features is pretty damn long for a gun in this price range. Forged stainless steel barrel, slide, and frame. Cerakote finish, Novak tritium sights. 1913 rail, checkered frontstrap (seriously, when do you see this on a sub-1000 1911?), nice Hogue G10 Grip/magwell combo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a Scorpion on a whim last weekend. Admittedly, I didn't care for the straight trigger, so swapped in the $20 Nigthawk trigger you can find just about anywhere. This gun is a fantastic shooter and is right up there with the most accurate pistols I've ever fired. SIG claims the trigger is 5lbs, but mine checked out at exactly 4. I picked mine up new for $850. Dealer cost on them is $797 so finding them under $900 shouldn't be too hard. IMO the list of features is pretty damn long for a gun in this price range. Forged stainless steel barrel, slide, and frame. Cerakote finish, Novak tritium sights. 1913 rail, checkered frontstrap (seriously, when do you see this on a sub-1000 1911?), nice Hogue G10 Grip/magwell combo.

</div></div>
i will second that!

I have a Sig STX with a rail and love it. I imagine the scorpion will be no different. My gun absolutely loves 230 grain Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded pdx1 ammo. It will fire quarter size 5 shot groups with this ammo at 25 yards. And I say again, It will fire quarter size 5 shots groups with this ammo at 25 yards. Most folks dont believe me, but I dont really care. Love the Sig, and it has ran flawlessly so far with around 500 rounds.

I've been focusing on rifle so much this year I've barely shot a pistol at all. The little bit I have shot has been in tactical carbine matches where the sidearm is seldom used. For that purose, I always shoot my Glock 30, which is my favorite handgun. I bought my Sig 1911 in February to celebrate the 1911 anniversary, and shoot it for the sake of shooting. Honestly, it simply doesnt replace my Glock...

That said, I took my Sig to shoot plates on sunday, and was reminded what a sweet piece it is. Man, does that slide move as if its on bearings! The whole thing is just slick and very finely crafted. A tactical/combat pistol its not (in my opinion anyway), but it sure is a smooth running work of guncraft I enjoy shooting. It also gives me some "street cred" with the older folks I meet and find myself shooting with! A lot of them will not hardly even acknowledge a Glock as a real handgun!

I recieved my new Garret Holster SIlent Thunder STX hoolster for my Sig Friday and wore it to the range today. Holsters can be a challnge to find so I thought I would pass their name on and that it is top notch.

My daily carry piece is a Sig 1911 Tac Ops. Like others have said above it is a great pistol. Mine has been extremely reliable and extremely accurate. My pistol will repeatedly shoot 8 shot groups that just tear one ragged hole at ranges out to 25 yards. If I do my part that is. I believe the Scorpion is the same gun with a different finish. A better finish in my opinion. It should preform just as well. You are getting great reliability and accuracy right out of the box from a pistol packed with great features and made with good materials. No MIM parts. All for under a grand. The only thing I have found that I don't like is the bumper pads on the mags. They break very easily. I have broken all four of mine off the magazine simply from using the lip of the pad to extract the magazine from the mag pouch.

Just picked one up off gunbroker for $869 shipped to my FFL. $10 transfer fee. So $879 OTD. I thought that was a pretty fair deal. Should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just picked one up off gunbroker for $869 shipped to my FFL. $10 transfer fee. So $879 OTD. I thought that was a pretty fair deal. Should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how it shoots. </div></div>

Good find, I saw a few on GB at that price when I first started looking at them. I doubt the gun will dissapoint you.

I just bought one on GB as well. Paid $799.00 plus shipping and transfer. It was the best deal I could find. I bid on it with days left and no one else stepped up. Should be here next week. Needless to say I'm very excited!

I've owned a couple Kimbers, quite a few Colts, a TRP and a Taurus (Did I just say that out-loud)... They've all disappointed me in one way or another. I'm hoping the Sig is the "one".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought one on GB as well. Paid $799.00 plus shipping and transfer. It was the best deal I could find. I bid on it with days left and no one else stepped up. Should be here next week. Needless to say I'm very excited!

I've owned a couple Kimbers, quite a few Colts, a TRP and a Taurus (Did I just say that out-loud)... They've all disappointed me in one way or another. I'm hoping the Sig is the "one". </div></div>

Mine has single handedly restored my faith in the 1911 platform. My first experience (before I knew better) with SA was a bitter disappointment.

In line with opinions about the scorpion, what are people's thoughts about the integrated magwell, mainspring housing, and grips?

Part of me thinks that if the gun gets dropped or hit on the magwell, the g10 might take damage and then the mainspring housing could get damaged and maybe render the gun inoperable? I'm interested in getting one but don't know if this will be a problem or not.

Much to the dismay of many of my buddies (who say I should have never shot it and made it a safe queen) I have been shooting/running the hell out of my Blackwater collector edition which is pretty much the same gun with G10 VZ grips added. It has done 3 Gun, IDPA and long range tactical matches as my backup gun. I can guaranttee it has been droped, banged and other terrible things being my gun. Some have said I could break an Anvil with a feather but I beleve your kit should run and be able to withstand running hard

It does get treated to a good cleaning ever several hundred rounds which consists of break cleaner, Degreaser dunk and an over night bath in Mobile 1 then wippe down/reassembly. It in its bath as I type. I do change my recoil spring religiously every 1500 rds

Knock on wood I suspect when it goes to the range with me Monday it will run flawlessly or as best as my average pistol skills can run it.

Oh forgot to add it is my carry gun. I 110% agree with Falar on it restoring my faith in 1911's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4570sharpshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been trying to find one locally with no results. I check GB daily to check on the prices , waiting to pull the trigger . Thanks for the great input ,45/70SS </div></div>

Whittaker guns lists them for 815, call them up and see if they have one in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It does get treated to a good cleaning ever several hundred rounds which consists of break cleaner, Degreaser dunk and an over night bath in Mobile 1 then wippe down/reassembly. It in its bath as I type. </div></div>

Pardon my ignorance, but why the Mobile 1 bath? What benefits do you get from that?

Its great lubricant and it costs $7.50 a quart vs $10.00 for 6 oz like a lot of gun oils. The stuff is great and the synthetic is supposed to bond to the metal.

I keep 2 rubber made bins on ewith degrease and 1 with the Mobil 1 syn for the 1911 and AR parts. I also keep an old GI CLP bottle with the Mobil 1 in it on the bench top

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought one on GB as well. Paid $799.00 plus shipping and transfer. It was the best deal I could find. I bid on it with days left and no one else stepped up. Should be here next week. Needless to say I'm very excited!

I've owned a couple Kimbers, quite a few Colts, a TRP and a Taurus (Did I just say that out-loud)... They've all disappointed me in one way or another. I'm hoping the Sig is the "one". </div></div>
Well, I picked mine up today. I'm a little surprised at how dirty it is for a NIB pistol. Apparently they don't clean them after test firing at the Factory? Is that always the case? It's OK. Gave me an excuse to tear it down and clean and inspect it myself. I guess the fact that it's a light color makes the dirt show up more too. the slide to frame fit seems excellent. The trigger feels pretty good but I'll probably adjust it a little. I'll be sure to give a range report when I get a chance to shoot it.

Had one for about 3 months , some of the best money I have spent. you get alot of pistol for $900.00, very accurate as well. This is the first range trip with it, has ran flawless since day 1.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/83F-PCAlJtA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/83F-PCAlJtA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>