Since when does the CDC call taking surveys??

weaselrunner

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2010
central va
Had a woman call me yesterday from the CDC at 404-806-481. Caller ID showed it being the CDC wanting to talk and do a survey. She started talking and I cut her off with a WHAT DO YOU WANT. Oh I'm taking a survey about covid, immuzations, children's immunizations ,bs,bs. Sounded like a middle to older white women going by her voice. I snapped at her that I didn't want to hear the government lies about the Kung fu flu and I don't like talking to the government and I hung up on her.
I am not a nice person on the phone if you are pushing something or someone and beating around the bush. Cut the bs and tell me what you want and there is a slim chance I might talk to you. ( I hate talking on the phone)..

So has anyone ever been solicited by the CDC for a bullshit survey or poll or anything else?? It was a first for me.

Reactions: theLBC and mosin46
If you call me, I will be the second one talking.

You WILL talk to my answering machine first. If you don't talk to it, I don't talk to you.

There is a chance caller ID will properly identify you. If that is the case, I might talk to you - or I might not.

Had a similar call last year. Did some research and found it was legit. By the way, its not the CDC calling, its another company (cant recall the name) on contract with the CDC to do the surveys.

Reactions: weaselrunner
I miss the Indian callers with the most stereotypical Indian accents who happen to be named John.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I too miss the customer call centers based in India with Bob and Linda that I've been replaced by the illegals here. The Indians could actually fake politeness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 101st
Last summer had a voice message from cdc wanting to get an update on my vaccine/jab status. I didn’t return the call. Three days later they called again and when I saw the I’d caller I’d didn’t answer that one either. They left another similar message but never called again. Left me wondering how they got my number which was only two years old. 🤬

Had cdc call last year. I also wondered if it was legit. Turns out it is, allegedly. It only took several minutes for the survey. I avoided a couple questions, said I wasn’t comfortable answering. They probably already know all the answers anyways.
She was pleasant and not pushy at all if I didn’t want to answer something.

Yes there was a question or two about guns. My answer was I like them and would like to get one someday.

Had a woman call me yesterday from the CDC at 404-806-481. Caller ID showed it being the CDC wanting to talk and do a survey. She started talking and I cut her off with a WHAT DO YOU WANT. Oh I'm taking a survey about covid, immuzations, children's immunizations ,bs,bs. Sounded like a middle to older white women going by her voice. I snapped at her that I didn't want to hear the government lies about the Kung fu flu and I don't like talking to the government and I hung up on her.
I am not a nice person on the phone if you are pushing something or someone and beating around the bush. Cut the bs and tell me what you want and there is a slim chance I might talk to you. ( I hate talking on the phone)..

So has anyone ever been solicited by the CDC for a bullshit survey or poll or anything else?? It was a first for me.

I got the exact same call.

I had TONS of fun with it.

I got fired illegally over not taking the covid shot, so I had lots of motivation.

Reactions: weaselrunner
If you don't like to talk why would you even pick up the phone. CDC is going to call EVERYONE to warn them about the impending Doom virus. They save that for the media. If it's not someone I know I'm not picking up. I hate talking on the phone

what happened to: i am entitled to my privacy if i am not interfering with anyone else's business and haven't solicited your intrusion?

If it’s just a job, they should not take it personally.

But more importantly, I have a phone for my convenience that I pay for. If I don’t know you, FOAD.