• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

single point slings which on to get!

Re: single point slings which on to get!

get the troy and also get thier end plate with the flush cup holes in it.( p/n :smou-m4s-00bt-00). nice thing is you can detach from weapon but leave sling on your person. we like them,and guys always ask what is it when they see it. a great piece of kit.(imho)

the absolute best sling plate out there at the moment is the "ikickhippies" SLAP plate.

The slap plate is designed by a guy I know and is similar to the MagPul but in my mind a better design. The MagPul is two pieces and makes noise. The SLAP is a one piece design and allows for multiple types of attachment, from 1inch web gear, HK hooks, snap hooks.

www.ikickhippies.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the absolute best sling plate out there at the moment is the "ikickhippies" SLAP plate.

The slap plate is designed by a guy I know and is similar to the MagPul but in my mind a better design. The MagPul is two pieces and makes noise. The SLAP is a one piece design and allows for multiple types of attachment, from 1inch web gear, HK hooks, snap hooks.

www.ikickhippies.com </div></div>

I have to get one of those! My only complaint with my MagPul is its loud as hell, I like the look of that one peice much better.

As for the OP I think the MagPul MS2 works as well as any single I have had so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the absolute best sling plate out there at the moment is the "ikickhippies" SLAP plate.

looks great now how do i contact him because id like to know if it will mount up to my Sig 556 cant find a contact #

I've tried Troy sling, and many others. By far, my favorite is Urban ERT sling. You can convert it from single point to double point. With single point you can get an adaptor which fits on you belt in the back, so that you can flip you weapon over your back in single point configuration and clip it in place which keeps it from moving around when climbing etc. I use the same Urban ERT sling for multiple weapons from rifles to shotguns, just have different clips or adaptors. Quality and speed of adjustments are excellent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the absolute best sling plate out there at the moment is the "ikickhippies" SLAP plate.

looks great now how do i contact him because id like to know if it will mount up to my Sig 556 cant find a contact # </div></div>

Send him an email thru his website or call 706-216-2538, ask for Derek. He is the man behind them, its not the only thing he does, he actually works for 400 Jewlery and Loan, so dont be surprised if they answer the phone and say "jewelry and Loan". They are in Ga and store hours are monday thru friday 9 to 6 and sat 10 to 5 closed on sunday.

My personal preference for a single point sling is the Gear Sector single point . It has multiple adapters available depending on how you want to mount it to your weapon. My second choice would be the Tactical Link single point . Both allow you to remove the sling from the weapon while keeping it on your person. I personally use the Gear Sector sling on my work carbine and have it mounted to a Tango Down PR-4 . I can't make any "permanent" modifications to my agency weapons so the PR-4 gives me a mount with 3 QD points that can be removed without taking the stock off.

I tried the single point from blackhawk and CAA and did not like either one so I ended up with a 2 point from Vickers with the flush cups and have not looked back but thats just me.

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rocdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hard to beat the Magpul MS-2/ASAP combo</div></div>

Agreed. If you're using the sling the extra loop doesn't rattle too much, and keeps your sling from getting torn up on the "Ikickhippies"..

The only problem is the clip is so big, its hard to find a front rail sling adapter until Magpul's comes out. For now I'm using 550 haha..

Never really liked the single point. It flops around when not in use. I like the vltor 2 point for an AR type rifle. It has a quick adjustment mechanism like that of an alice pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Recoil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never really liked the single point. It flops around when not in use. I like the vltor 2 point for an AR type rifle. It has a quick adjustment mechanism like that of an alice pack.</div></div>

Thus the MS2, single for action, two point for packing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that want a MS2 sling, but hate the large alligator clip, take a look at this.

http://www.tacstrap.com/product.html </div></div>

Looks like a ripoff of the MS2. I call it "Taking someones product and putting their stink on it."

Just buy the ORIGINAL MS2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrooperBrian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that want a MS2 sling, but hate the large alligator clip, take a look at this.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Looks like a ripoff of the MS2. I call it "Taking someones product and putting their stink on it."</span>

Just buy the ORIGINAL MS2. </div></div>

Kinda like MagPul has done with other products ?

Singles points are great for assault and suck for anything else. The only reason I still have one on my patrol rifle is because I am working on a better solution.

I know guys who run the MagPul sling and like it. I also know guys who like the VCAS sling.

Try them out. Just beware that if you use a single point for any amount of time in the real world you are going to get kneecapped or nailed in the nuts at some point. Not a big deal when you are wearing full armor, sucks when all you have between your nuts and a rifle is some cotton.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrooperBrian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that want a MS2 sling, but hate the large alligator clip, take a look at this.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Looks like a ripoff of the MS2. I call it "Taking someones product and putting their stink on it."</span>

Just buy the ORIGINAL MS2. </div></div>

Kinda like MagPul has done with other products ?</div></div>

Not from what I can tell. Their products are wholly original, or otherwise improved on an older design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rocdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hard to beat the Magpul MS-2/ASAP combo</div></div>

Completely agree. This is what i've been practicing with for my AR platform and have never had any problems with it. Fully adjustable in many ways, quick detach, and easy ambidextrous/off-hand shooting transitions.

As far as style of single point sling, they don't range very far from each other, they're pretty similar in construction. Thus all you're left with is quality, and you can't go wrong with Magpul quality.

Bottom line: whatever you get, practice with it. You will surprise yourself with how well you can handle whatever sling you get after a month of daily 10 minute drills.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Singles points are great for assault and suck for anything else. The only reason I still have one on my patrol rifle is because I am working on a better solution.

I know guys who run the MagPul sling and like it. I also know guys who like the VCAS sling.

Try them out. Just beware that if you use a single point for any amount of time in the real world you are going to get kneecapped or nailed in the nuts at some point. Not a big deal when you are wearing full armor, sucks when all you have between your nuts and a rifle is some cotton. </div></div>

This is especially painful with a hot barrel after shooting.

I have no idea why people still mess around with single point slings. They have only one advantage and a whole host of disadvantages, especially if you need your hands free to grab someone, climb a wall or manipulate something. The bottom line is a sling requires some kind of stowing capability and single points can't just be slung onto your back to free your hands - you need some device to secure them. But they are fast for transitions.

Like others have stated, the single is good foor kicking in doors but not much else. I like the MS2 and tacsling for that reason. If you need to go over a fence that the DB faild to mention, assuming the approach was clear, its nice to have the two point to secure it behind you when you are jumping the fence in full kit. With the single you may also wack someone in the grape when you go to cuff as it likes to swing out from behind you right at that time.

It does make a cool noise though.

I'm not a fan of the magpul, it's made out of soft material and it frays easily. Mine started to fray and get fuzzy along the edges after 3 months of daily use.

SLAP PLATE and TacStrap both are American made in America by Americans. Magpul made it, these guys just designed it better.

I run the MS2 but am pissed that the front sling attachment point from Magpul is none existent (not manufactured yet, WTF) and the alligator clip is a joke for slinging it on your back unless its locked which you may or may not have time to do. I slung mine in a hurry and it (patrol rifle)went straight to the deck cause the alligator clip hit my gear and opened.

i really liked the tactical tailor single point for my deployments. hung perfectly for me, could move with ease, transitions to pistol were easy, and effortless really because of the wide straps spreading weight across more of your back