• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Small primer alternatives? For 65creed

CST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2002
Md
I've been using small primers CCI450 mag with decent results with my 6.5 creed loads.
I've been running alittle low and with the difficulty finding em I'd like to try experimenting with other brands to keep my options flexible.

Can u guys recommend other alternatives ?
Thanks

Powder Valley(and several other places)have primers in stock....

Reactions: CST
Thanks man , appreciate it. But I'm just asking what others like in their loads with small primers....maybe I should reword the post....

I've been using CCI BR4 in my Creedmoor, and they give some really good SDs. Another one that I've been meaning to try because they work great in .223 is Remington 7 1/2. That being said, I'm not using ball type powder and not shooting in freezing weather.

For Small primer I tried the Wolf 223 primers. Utter failure Groups and SD more than doubled. Went back to the 450 and everything was great again

For large primer Fed Match non magnum work great

Remington 7.5 is the answer you’re looking for. They seem to be as close to interchangeable with stuff I work up using 450s as you can possibly be.

Also, I’ve had good luck with the Winchester 41s