Training Courses Sniper's Hide Lowlight and Enough Said, 3-Day Precision Rifle Course. FFP RANGE, OH Oct 4-6, 2024

I attended this 3 day course and had a ball. FFP is not a fancy shmancy club but it was perfectly flat to 1k so you can get good baseline dope (vs Mifflin which I attended in the past), had great and well marked steel targets out to 1k, and positions to shoot from either a raised platform or ground level.

The mover at 500 was a hoot and a half. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth at 72 (but in the following 2 day clinic there was an 86 year old who must have been born tougher than I've ever been) and have never shot a moving target with a rifle. I thought I'd be overjoyed to hit it (66% IPSC at maybe 3 mph) just once but did indeed have impacts on 7 or 8 shots out of 10. Shit hot! :cool:

We had a really fun exercise of engaging the mover at 500, then static at 400, mover at 500 again, static at 600, and finish on the mover. I must be living right because I cleaned this sequence the two times I shot it and was overjoyed.

I'm not a competitor and never will be so this ^^ kind of challenge and acheivement is why I take these clinics. Its great fun, develops great practical skills, and you get to do all of this with a great group of like minded people.

The classroom portion was as succinct, informative, and on point as you would expect.

@Lowlight, @Enough Said, and @Sparky worked their tails off to ensure we got the most possible out of the clinic and they were great fun to hang out with.

For many this is a tune up for competition....for me, eh...its a fun destination event! hahaha
Well written wrap-up Steve. It was a pleasure to shoot with you and have Frank, Mark and Laura as coaches.

Yeah, the mover was fun for a rookie like me. That was a target I hadn’t encountered before. Hope to return next year without the drama of workplace rakes and shovels.

Well written wrap-up Steve. It was a pleasure to shoot with you and have Frank, Mark and Laura as coaches.

Yeah, the mover was fun for a rookie like me. That was a target I hadn’t encountered before. Hope to return next year without the drama of workplace rakes and shovels.
Roland? :unsure::D

IMG_5012.jpeg

The 3 Day Class was an excellent review and refinement of fundamentals. The movers on day three were awesome, much fun. Great instructors and a great shooting crew. Enjoyed every aspect made many friends.