• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sniper's Hide training review

cliffy110

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2020
Last week, I took Frank and Marc's 2 day, Precision Rifle class at the FFP range in Ashtabula OH. I wanted to take a few days to really digest everything that was learned and I feel pretty good about posting this video to go over what the class did for me as a shooter.

I will mention one thing here that is not in the video. When Frank did a quick tripod clinic, he used my rifle and didn't hit anything at 600 yards. That wasn't his fault and I feel bad that I let him do that. The rifle is a Sig Cross that I had just installed a new Proof barrel on. That barrel is considerably larger in profile than the factory barrel and one of the screws from the M-Lok that was holding the ARCA rail near the chamber was protruding and hitting the bottom of the barrel. It didn't affect the rifle when shooting from a bipod because that is attached at the front. When setting it on the tripod however, all hell broke loose and it couldn't shoot for crap. I diagnosed it after the class and it is now fixed and is shooting quite well from the tripod. That made Frank's tripod demo a little less than ideal but we still got the point.

Here's the review I posted to Hide TV: