• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

So I got this rifle.......

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
And it's BADASS!

My grandmother gave me my grandfather's old Mossberg M44 trainer when he passed away last year. It's sat in the safe till now, I decided to break it out and shoot it today.

It was a blast! Who thought a .22 could be so much fun?

laugh.gif

Re: So I got this rifle.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.22LR's are the most fun you can have away from the bedroom
grin.gif
</div></div>

But unlike the bedroom, .22LRs won't cost you nearly as much $$$$.
grin.gif

Here's a few pics I snapped. I don't know much about it other than my Grandfather had it as long as I can remember. He was retired military, so I don't know if he bought it on base after he got out, or got it while he was in the service. Apparently it's from the mid '40's, but it has a plastic trigger guard, and I'm not sure plastic was being utilized in the 1940's. (?)

DSC_0536-1.jpg

DSC_0537-1.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

Great score, and with family history to boot! Probably came out of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMC),and it looks to be all original including the plastic trigger guard. You can find out everything about it on RFC in the Mossy threads. Regards

It's a Mossberg, probably one of the many Model 44 or 144 variations. That magazine is as valuable as a whole rifle, keep it in sight.

Mossberg 44US.

Watch the trigger guard - they are very brittle and tend to break. The originals were plastic. There are plastic and aluminum replacements. Replacement mags are available too.

They are EXCELLENT shooters.

Fed Gold Medal match 22 rf shot VERY well in mine.