• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

So much for the US being regulatorily constrained on new powder production.

Slides

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2020
Hunter Valley Australia
Just like an Aussie...day late, dollar short. Or..in this case...even later.

Do better, man. Try to keep up (with US).

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 09.41.42.png

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 09.44.07.png

Seems you lot just like to play the victim and make up stories about everything being too hard over there. wE cANt BuILd NEw PowDER facTOriEs BeCaUSe WOKE 😆

At only 70 million dollars I don't know why everyone doesn't do it.

Reactions: Tokay444

Seems you lot just like to play the victim and make up stories about everything being too hard over there. wE cANt BuILd NEw PowDER facTOriEs BeCaUSe WOKE 😆
You have a gross misunderstanding of the issue. In the US and I am sure to some extent Australia the Environmental regulations are more stringent than in other parts of the world. In our case the emission limits for power plants, chemical plants, and refineries are more stringent than those in many EU countries. Those rules put those countries at a competitive disadvantage versus others. In addition it adds time to the permitting process which in many cases ranges into years. Unfortunately here the judicial process then begins with legal challenges that again ties the process up for additional time. Ultimately anyone putting money at risk is faced with the fact that in the best case the money is put at risk for a longer time with the prospect of recovery and the high cost of permitting and possible litigation drives any investor, public, private, venture to view the project as riskier. It also means that markets are more likely to change before any return can be realized.

Reactions: BuildingConceptsllc
You have a gross misunderstanding of the issue. In the US and I am sure to some extent Australia the Environmental regulations are more stringent than in other parts of the world. In our case the emission limits for power plants, chemical plants, and refineries are more stringent than those in many EU countries. Those rules put those countries at a competitive disadvantage versus others. In addition it adds time to the permitting process which in many cases ranges into years. Unfortunately here the judicial process then begins with legal challenges that again ties the process up for additional time. Ultimately anyone putting money at risk is faced with the fact that in the best case the money is put at risk for a longer time with the prospect of recovery and the high cost of permitting and possible litigation drives any investor, public, private, venture to view the project as riskier. It also means that markets are more likely to change before any return can be realized.
Excellent explanation, but I'm afraid it's wasted on a troll that's probably 15 years old and is just trying to get a reaction out of someone.

Reactions: tinker

You're a thickheaded dipshit aren't you?

WRE didn't start up last month. How many permits, environmental impact studies, licenses, and regulations were in play before this announcement?

(Not that I lend much credence to the opinions/speculations of sheep who willingly gave up just about all of their firearms anyway.)

Mike