So over the Contrived and Repetitive Nature of Stages today

Its a lot of work to run these things with 0 help. I'm a "new" shooter and I ended up being an RO and they are always begging for ROs. Setup/Tear down. People put a lot of hard work in and we got a lot of Sallies on the sidelines back seat driving. I couldn't get dick for help when RO during match to prepare even though I got last place (I'm just not very fast). All the top guys were "busy"

Yes I will bag on PRS for what it needs to improve. Still better than NOT shooting. Except for self-entitled "gimme a prize and I don't wanna have to do dick but show up" people. They suck.

One of the lower shooters got a new rifle in our match and one of the organizers got a new rifle as well. 0 issue with that. Hell I got a certificate for a discount and I basically was last place. And a hat! I'd still show up for free (In fact our finale I was supposed to shoot free as an RO, but i still paid--range time ain't free yo)

Reactions: lash
If we are being honest, this needs to change.

Three steps: drop the weighted, tuned, flat-bottom rifle on a bag, wash, rinse, repeat

This is stupid; where is the training value beyond repetition, and what skill are we demonstrating?

There must be a reason; we need to have value in the course of fire. Sure, entertain us, but why not have a training objective with the stages?

What is the actual takeaway?

Even watching the stages at Cameo, they were reduced to size, ignoring the terrain, adding artificial props, and doing nothing to increase the stress or heart rate of the competitor. Why are we trying to ease shooters into a scenario instead of increasing the movement?

Why no mandatory mag changes, it's designed to work with you vs forcing you to adapt. The only compromise I see is the height of the obstacle, correct me if i am wrong, but what are the 3 main solutions to a shot being promoted? Bag on prop, bag on prop with tripod rear, bag on prop...

I know I am pissing in the wind, but I am gonna offer up choices; I think it's boring to watch; it's who taps the trigger vs who follows through, and not much else as the rifles do all the work. The only value comes in the number of stages you shoot, the repetition.

Look at it this way, at the IPRF there were no training clinics beyond Emils talk and really there is no value in training, only shooting the comps as is... weird they dont value training, there is nothing to be learned is what i saw, no Tips and Tricks, they just assume you are there so you are the peak of the sport... crazy they ignore this element

and before you dismiss it completely, look at archery again, look at the front page of their competitive organization, right at the top, find a coach, find a mentor, find training, learn the craft as you progress, we have none of that... strange to me.
Frank I quit shooting the matches when they went in the heavy non field equipment way. I coined the phrase IPSC with a sniper rifle. I have no problem with either it’s just not what I want to do

I miss the old field courses but I understand why the PRS has become more popular

I think what we miss is the older type training matches you, Jacob and Whittington used to put on. Of course they became less attended for awhile because the people doing them for training were mostly on two way ranges. Maybe it’s time to do more of them? Of course I am too broken to drag my butt around one of those courses but would help

You know the PRS doesn’t run matches obviously and there were many matches before 2012 when the PRS formed right?
Oh yeah....its a common problem, everyone bitches. No one helps. Lots of entitled people out there who think matches (of all kinds) just "happen"

Worst are the USPSA wannabe GMs who think they don't ahve to paste or reset.

I know thats off topic, but something I've noticed in the shooting sports. Everyone is gung ho until they ask for voluteers! I notice for about 40 shooters every week its the same 5 guys setting up. hmmmmmm

I may "bag" on the MD but I'm actually really nice "Have you thought about this......." On the hide I have to set my asshole level up about 10 notches.

Reactions: Rob01 and lash