Soft rifle case

JC0352

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Jul 14, 2011
Louisiana
What do you guys use for rifle cases that allow your bipod to stay on the rifle?

Right now I’m using this cheap Bulldog case where I have to take my Harris and suppressor off. Recently upgraded to a Razor Gen II so now it’s an even tighter fit.

I’m getting an Atlas CAL in the near future and plan to just keep it on the rifle.

Reactions: Reloader77724
My next bag. They have longer as well.

Reactions: Steel head
Ooooh!
I like that!

Ooooh!
I like that!

I like that they were made to go in the respective pelican cases as well.
I have so many other projects or rifles I want/need to buy that this is way on the back burner. My current cheap double rifle back will have work.

Midway branded drag bag from Midwayusa.com. Typically inexpensive unless you are picky about color. Mine has held up great for over 2 years.
Very happy with my Midway bag as well. I have the two rifle 42" Multicam (which I think is discontinued now). They're made pretty sturdy with plenty of protection for a soft case. Also picked up a cheap Amazon NcSTAR case/shooting mat just ito have and although definitively cheaper in quality, should serve well if I want to throw it down and shoot prone. Call me cheap, but if something can hold a rifle just fine and also be thrown in the mud to keep me dry while shooting I can live with pretty cheap quality here and there.

Midway Bag

748773.webp

What I currently use. Carries two ARs with scopes, one with bipod

Reactions: JC0352
Lynx Defense have nice ones-not inexpensive but I use mine all the time and really like it. Small company US made very high quality.

I just got the 46 inch version. Very nice bag. Watch the video. It has a thin hard insert in the three walls of the case for added protection. I set mine up with their molle bags as well for eyes, ears, ammo, etc.

What do you guys use for rifle cases that allow your bipod to stay on the rifle?

Right now I’m using this cheap Bulldog case where I have to take my Harris and suppressor off. Recently upgraded to a Razor Gen II so now it’s an even tighter fit.

I’m getting an Atlas CAL in the near future and plan to just keep it on the rifle.
I bought one of these for short range trips.
Plenty of room to leave everything in place.
Case.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: clcustom1911
i bought the Cabelas tactical soft case from a recomendation here i couldnt be more happy with it $69, i just ordered a high dollar one $239 from a vendor here. i have to say the cabelas is the way to go. very disapointed with the high end bag

I just got the 46 inch version. Very nice bag. Watch the video. It has a thin hard insert in the three walls of the case for added protection. I set mine up with their molle bags as well for eyes, ears, ammo, etc.

Shaun, I'm glad to hear that you like your TCC. If you have any questions about it please feel free to hit me up.

On a separate note, we're finally getting around to launching our new PRB (precision rifle bag) 1st week of April. We showed these at SHOT.

Helm

Attachments

• SERT-PRB-02-SHOT.jpeg
    SERT-PRB-02-SHOT.jpeg
    443.4 KB · Views: 86
Shaun, I'm glad to hear that you like your TCC. If you have any questions about it please feel free to hit me up.

On a separate note, we're finally getting around to launching our new PRB (precision rifle bag) 1st week of April. We showed these at SHOT.

Helm

View attachment 7047551

View attachment 7047553

View attachment 7047554

View attachment 7047555

Those look great. Three questions. Are the backstraps detachable? What is the longest length rifle that will fit? Will a folding stock fit?

I got a SERT case, it was the old model on clearance, very nice and great price.

Full price is worth it but I'm cheap...

I bought an Asian manufactured case years ago and despite light usage it is falling apart.

Now I go for disposable cheapies, hard cases and if I wind up needing a soft case that will last, I'll spend the money unless I find a good deal on a SERT, Eagle or some other quality brand.

Reactions: HELM
Those look great. Three questions. Are the backstraps detachable? What is the longest length rifle that will fit? Will a folding stock fit?

Shaun, we will eventually have 2 sizes but this current one is the shorter of the two with an inside dimension (length) of 43". So technically the shoulder straps can be removed but unless you have a reason for wanting that both can be tucked away in individual slots - can't quite see it but it's below the straps in the photo.

No issues with these - no stitches or zippers failing. I've used these to transport long distance in the truck and hand carried quite some distances to deep woods ranges and stands. They offer several lengths and colors; single and double cases available.

Shaun, we will eventually have 2 sizes but this current one is the shorter of the two with an inside dimension (length) of 43". So technically the shoulder straps can be removed but unless you have a reason for wanting that both can be tucked away in individual slots - can't quite see it but it's below the straps in the photo.
I might need to pick one of these up. What price pointe are you looking at?

Those look good whats the price? Also do they have the hard inserts?

Condor sniper shooters mat

This can be had for around $100, maybe less if you shop around. NcStar makes the same exact bag, and seems to be a little cheaper if I remember correctly ($60-ish).

I have one and like it a lot.

Have the same one only labelled Ruger. For the price it does the job well and have no complaints. Think I got mine for around 80ish

Im anything but a troll. I was joking about the truck. I was serious about the floorboard.

Well my apologies if the intent wasn’t to be a wise-ass. I don’t believe in having firearms exposed in the front passenger seat of the truck if I have to stop somewhere other than the range (lunch, etc...). I don’t want that thing moving around in the event of evasive driving to avoid an accident or if I’m in some sort of unavoidable collision. I prefer to have it in a padded case on the floorboard of the back seat.

I just found a deal on a Vertx 28" garment bag discrete case for $100.

For those times when a SERT in camo print isn't discreet enough.

Very happy with my Midway bag as well. I have the two rifle 42" Multicam (which I think is discontinued now). They're made pretty sturdy with plenty of protection for a soft case. Also picked up a cheap Amazon NcSTAR case/shooting mat just ito have and although definitively cheaper in quality, should serve well if I want to throw it down and shoot prone. Call me cheap, but if something can hold a rifle just fine and also be thrown in the mud to keep me dry while shooting I can live with pretty cheap quality here and there.

Midway Bag

748773.webp

i have a single gun case like this, and i cant stand the staps on the inside. it was a gift and its in my gun closet and i pulled it out to slide a gun into and the straps are completely unnecessary on a gun case like this. i may just cut them out.

also, i have used Ace Cases for several years. the AR tactical cases have a lot of good padding, and some good pockets but i dont usually use the pockets much. I like to open the back end, slide an AR or bolt gun all the way down and zip back up. My ACE cases have been amazing in the back of trucks. And i use the side pockets for suppressors and bipods.

https://acecase.com/heavy-duty-assault-rifle-case-black-nylon.html

i have a single gun case like this, and i cant stand the staps on the inside. it was a gift and its in my gun closet and i pulled it out to slide a gun into and the straps are completely unnecessary on a gun case like this. i may just cut them out.
Yeah, they're probably not necessary for most people. Though I could see where someone that has a 50" duel case with one rifle being 35-40" could find them useful to prevent much lateral movement. But yeah, I don't believe I've used mine at all although I don't find them to be too much in the way of anything.

I got a VTAC Double from 5.11 on sale a few years ago. My only complaint is that the inside liner catches in the zipper more than I'd like. I wouldn't pay $180 for it, but it was 30% off on a Christmas sale or something.

Look into Eberlestocks E52B, I've ran the bigger E57B Sniper Sled for sometime and havent had any complaints. Really a good, rugged, durable way to safely get your rifle around.

I’ve got an Armageddon Gear precision rifle case and it’s perfect if you’re looking for something more minimalist rgan a full on drag bag. Tons of padding, super well made and storage space for extras as well.

Guys, my apologies. Although I've been on travels, for some reason not of the notifications for this thread popped up in my Inbox. Thanks to some of you who sent me a PM. Anyway, let's down to getting you some of the answers you seek:

@elmuzzlebreak @shaun1826 @nightforce007

Price point
- the new PRBs will retail for $225. I was going to make it available 2 weeks ago but at the 11th hour a rifle company stepped in and purchased the first batch. Next availability in 2 weeks shipping Monday, April 22nd. We always offer LE/Mil discounts but guys feel free to reach out anytime and I will get you a discount code for this new product launch.

Inserts - no these will not have the plastic inserts like the TCCs. In the original prototype I had these inserts and boy the PRB was just so stiff only because unlike the TCC which has 3/8" thick close cell foam, these PRBs have 1/2" close cell foam walls, spine and the perimeter padding. It is going to take a lot to put any mark/scratch/dent on your rifle.

Features - I've activated the product page so please feel free to check it out at https://sert.us/products/prb-precision-rifle-bag

Once again my apologies for dropping the comms on this. Feel free to PM me anytime if you have any other questions while I go check my notification settings. Thanks all!

Helm

Reactions: deltawiskey
So I ended up going with the case that I’d posted a link for in post #4 of the thread. No frills, made in the US, in good ole Longmont, CO. My dad has several cases from AMS for several years and I see that they’re well made since we shoot together quite a bit.

This case is offered in 46” and 51”. I got the 51” (24” barrel on the rifle).

Just purchased the 46 inch TCC from Sert. We are very impressed so far and really like the protective closed foam and plastic inserts. Helps protect scope turrets from getting banged. Don't have enough room in the vehicle to get a Pelican 1750 in the limited space behind a cage. The rifle was a tad too long for a 1720. The TCC should work nicely.