Sorry Rifle Shooters But............

few things in the firearms world as dumb as a pistol grip short barreled 10 gauge double.

Now saying that.... i have known a man in the past who had a 10 ga with 18" barrels and full stock he had custom made for him by a gunsmith in houston.

it was fun, but not pleasant to shoot at all. screw all this "ill hold it at my waste" pansy crap. tuck a 10 gauge that weighs about 5.5 lbs into your shoulder pocket and touch off both barrels at the same time. its....... interesting. you'll never complain about any other rifle recoil again. that day i also shot his .416 NITRO express double rifle, the 45-70 guide lever gun, and the .500 S&W pistol. Everyone but me hated the .500, but i was also the only one who could hit anything with it. i still want one.

Reactions: MCSO1357
few things in the firearms world as dumb as a pistol grip short barreled 10 gauge double.

Now saying that.... i have known a man in the past who had a 10 ga with 18" barrels and full stock he had custom made for him by a gunsmith in houston.

it was fun, but not pleasant to shoot at all. screw all this "ill hold it at my waste" pansy crap. tuck a 10 gauge that weighs about 5.5 lbs into your shoulder pocket and touch off both barrels at the same time. its....... interesting. you'll never complain about any other rifle recoil again. that day i also shot his .416 NITRO express double rifle, the 45-70 guide lever gun, and the .500 S&W pistol. Everyone but me hated the .500, but i was also the only one who could hit anything with it. i still want one.
The 500 is over rated. We used the shoot the short barreled (4” maybe?)version with 700gr one handed. It’s not really a big deal.

The first shotgun I ever bought was a mossberg 500 12 gauge at 22 yo, it came with a pistol grip so I decided to try it…. Worst decision of my life.. never do that again I thought I was going to break my wrist after 5 rounds

Reactions: Mwalex and tomcatmv
I'm short and old and do not get the hype about the S&W 500. Its weight easily absorbs the recoil, making it fun to shoot. The Desert Eagle 50AE, on the other hand, I could skip forever. The recoil isn't too bad, but it feels like a bucket of bolts.

I'm short and old and do not get the hype about the S&W 500. Its weight easily absorbs the recoil, making it fun to shoot. The Desert Eagle 50AE, on the other hand, I could skip forever. The recoil isn't too bad, but it feels like a bucket of bolts.

But it's an iconic bucket of bolts...
Especially with the 10" barrel.

H3257-L48774311.jpg

Steve McQueen endorses this thread.

Sirhr