• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sort out my 300blk

OK now I’m curious. If you’re already swapping out uppers on a single lower using a lightweight, BCG and swapping the bolt between uppers, why not balance it out with the buffer weight and swap out the way to at the same time? I’m just curious.

OK now I’m curious. If you’re already swapping out uppers on a single lower using a lightweight, BCG and swapping the bolt between uppers, why not balance it out with the buffer weight and swap out the way to at the same time? I’m just curious.
No one said anything about swapping a lower. The 300blk is it's own rifle. If I break a bcg or I break one in my other rifles if like to be able to pull the bcg from anything and swap it. If the 300blk could only run on a lightweight bcg and I shear a gas key in SOL. Same goes for springs. There are multiple ways to skin a cat and adjusting the gas port was the best option for my set of criteria.

If using a light weight bcg you definitely need a heavier buffer weight.
Counteracting your BCG weight with buffer weight makes no sense and highlights your misunderstanding about tuning ARs. If a person purposely uses a lo mass BCG they need to adjust the gas to match. The buffer and BCG reciprocate together. Upping the buffer weight because the BCG is lo mass defeats the purpose of using a lo mass BCG in the first place.

1 I didn’t know you were using a low mass bcg till today

2 I don’t know why you would use a low mas bcg

3 you talked earlier of sheering off gas keys. The tube should never touch the key. Only get close.

4 you don’t listen to reason so drill away.