• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Southerners - How are you doing summer camping?

People can talk shit about the different services but when its you children on the line all that goes away.

My son had graduated H/S and had been working local. He came home one day & said he was Joining the Army, to which I said over my dead body. Well I go Marines then, I said I'll just cut you throat right now. Well that only leaves the Navy & Air Force, yep & you don't swim worth a shit!.
Why the A/F? Because if you want a bankable skill set, and to be treated like a human being plus saluting the older fucks as they go to war, like it should be the A/F is the place. Oh but I want the memories & stories like you, no you fucking don't trust me.
What I learned about all the services is this, and for hrs i told him about my interactions with them all.
Condensed, The Army & marines are but cannon fodder with some real fucked up leadership who are high on their selves and will throw you under the bus for chest candy in the blink of an eye.
The Navy, on shore not all that bad but blue water when that ship goes down it could be an Indy all over again quickly.

The A/F can be huge target for canned sunshine, yes, but they have much better defenses that the other three as well as much better food, billets & you are treated like a human being.

Still not believing all I told him, he went to the A/F recruiter and spent some time then inked the paperwork.

After 2 tours in Korea, & Japan both he was starting to see everything I told him first hand. The defining was after a tour in Iraq & A-stan when he said he was glad I pushed him to the USAF, after seeing how the other services were treated/housed/fed ect. Now retired he still has a bankable skill set (none cannon fodder) for the rest of his life.

In my day Army guys were treated like dog shit, then spit on when back home. I was not going to allow that to happen to my son.

Having war story's to tell is one thing but getting to live thru them w/o pain and all your body parts for the rest of your life is more important than some b/s story's, that get expended upon all the time.
Some people aren't built to be warriors. They suffer so you can sit In the ac and talk shit about them.
Not a way I would want to go through life, letting other men sacrifice so you can sit back and benefit.

Reactions: Baron23
Some people aren't built to be warriors. They suffer so you can sit In the ac and talk shit about them.
Not a way I would want to go through life, letting other men sacrifice so you can sit back and benefit.
Ya well, some believe all the lies at first and jock up. Then later in life when the truth comes out about everything they were involved in, they see they were but pawns. If you want your kids to be used like you were, you are the clueless who believes every agenda they spin up. One day if you live long enough, you'll see that very clearly.

Reactions: MikeMiller and lash
Ya well, some believe all the lies at first and jock up. Then later in life when the truth comes out about everything they were involved in, they see they were but pawns. If you want your kids to be used like you were, you are the clueless who believes every agenda they spin up. One day if you live long enough, you'll see that very clearly.
See you think your special or what you went through was any different than men have been doing for thousands of years.

You think warfare or conquest was ever noble? You think leaders did not send their men to slaughter for their own gain or lies since the beginning of time?

Grow the fuck up. That's what warfare is. It's not chivalrous or honorable or any of the bullshit. It's about killing others so your tribe can benefit.

At the end of the day it's a nessisary duty and why throughout history there has been a warrior class. Pushing men away from warfare just makes them weak pussiess and teaches them to let others people fight for them instead. It's a very poor lesson to teach a young man. And it's why we live in a country full of pussies, faggots and people who don't know what bathroom to use.

But fear not. Easy times will breed hard men and they will get to learn these lessons the real hard way. The cycle will continue and there is nothing that will stop that. In the long run, you do them a disservice and make the pain much greater when the cycle clicks over.

Sounds like you are talking to a guy who did his time in the Army during Vietnam. Are we reading the same post?
He is about as clueless as they come. Yea my time was from 64-70 3 active w/a couple of recalls, thrown in. Met many a chest thump-er along the way who were all that, until it was time do to all that type shit. Not caring about ones children is about as telling, as it gets. Fighting just wars is one thing, allowing your kids to fight wars for someones hip national, or personal agenda is criminal. Every so called war & police action past 8/8/45 was agenda driven & the stupid will learn that at some point, well may be depending stupidy level. You can always see the change in people as soon as one foot is past the L/D or P/L, and behind the wire talk is about to meet reality.

The nation & the stupid wonder why the military can't meet its goals? Yea that's a hard one to understand.

If it was all I/D & H/R tasks that would be one thing, but to line someones pockets, using the Flag to mind fuck the weak minded,.... is telling.

Oh all the noble wars were pre 8/8/45? Hahahah.

Someone needs to brush up on their history. You honestly cannot be this nieve?

It's incredibly sad someone can be alive that long and have such little wisdom.

Oh all the noble wars were pre 8/8/45? Hahahah.

Someone needs to brush up on their history. You honestly cannot be this nieve?

It's incredibly sad someone can be alive that long and have such little wisdom.
No the sad part is you believing the present day flag waving, most all wars are about money & power only. Read a little about the subject matter as your preconceived is over the top, and you are digging a hole you'll never clime out of. You assume way to much, but then again that is a trait they love vs those, who will not sign an AAR, because of all the lies added after the verbal, with all involve present.

Having done more than my fair share of camping in inclement conditions for work (pick your type and condition) so now camping is for recreation rather than need. Everything from a Bivy and woobie to a self contained trailer.

I've had all of the outside/Summer shit I can handle for the last 3ish weeks... I can't remember how many days in a row it's been now.

There ain't shit out here but sun, wind, grass, the occasional curious cow... And a pipeline pumping station.

Hot and humid as hell. But the spice must flow.

Mike
1000000755.jpg

Both my parents grew up poor during the Great Depression in east Texas, so they shrugged off the summer heat and humidity as just the normal conditions of life and advised us kids to do likewise. HOWEVER, when they took us on our summer vacations, we either went to Camp Warnecke on the Comal River (the old camp, not the current condos) or to Garner State Park on the Frio River. They would rent us one of the screened-in cabins at either location that had plenty of air flow through them. I seem to recall us bringing a couple of those metal box fans too. We would all spend a considerable portion of the day tubing and swimming in the river, so staying cool wasn't an issue. It got warm at night, but between the box fans and just being a kid that didn't know any better, it was very tolerable. Have great memories of those times. Didn't seem like suffering at all.