• CONTEST: Back to school!

Join the contest below and share a picture of your kid or college student out at the range, cleaning their rifle, or shooting at a target!

Join contest
  • Having trouble using the site?

Post any issues in the thread below or reach out directly to support!

View thread Contact support

Speer Reloading Manual #14

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
I got a Speer Reloading Manual version 14 with a a Rock chucker Reloading Kit and still brand new in the wrap and Im looking to trade for the version that has .308 and or 9mm data loads in it.

If anyone is interested in Sothern Cal LMK ASAP.

Thanks

Re: Speer Reloading Manual #14

Does it?

I looked online to see what calibers it has and the only close calibers it listed were the 300WM,338 and 45 acp and some other but it didn't list the 308 or 9mm...

Does it have data for 175 SMK? I'm just curious that it has the 308 in it before I take off the covering.

I have Speer #14. There's nothing 175 grains under .308 Win. It jumps from 168 gr Match BTHP to the 180-grainers. In 9mm, it has 115, 124 and 147 grain loads.

Yea that's what I figured I need load data for a 175..
My cousin has 2 other reloading books with everything but the 175g
loads.. I thought 175 was very popular. Why do most books not have load data for the 175 in them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea that's what I figured I need load data for a 175..
My cousin has 2 other reloading books with everything but the 175g
loads.. I thought 175 was very popular. Why do most books not have load data for the 175 in them? </div></div>

Speer doesn't make a 175gr bullet.

FYI:

Sierra lumps their 175gr bullets in the same category as their 180gr bullets, so to them, that 5 grains doesn't matter. Same with their 150 and 155s. Just sayin'.

Since you generally 'increase' powder charges the lighter the bullet, you will be safe with the loads developed with 180gr bullets in mind.

Remember, always start low and work up.

Chris