• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Spiritus 34A vs Tracer Split Scout

Spiritus 34A or Tracer Split Scout

• Spiritus w/ buttpack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tracer Split Scout

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
Good evening, LARPers

I am looking to purchase a split rig system to carry magazine, water, equipment, etc. when hunting under nods. I will likely start most hunts in the late evening with 1-1.5 hours of daylight so the rig needs to be a split front system in case I want to shoot prone, off a truck, etc. it also allows for a little more heat dispersion in South TX.

I have the options down to the Spiritus 34A and the Tracer Split scout.

1. The 34A is much more modular and can be used in conjunction with a butt pack. This would be great to carry 2 Nalgene bottles at a time. It looks to be a little more comfortable and spiritus has a good reputation. I don’t love the magazine “pouches” on the interior of the rig. I think they would rub when warm for a long time. I would likely mount on the exterior.

2. Tracer is known for being rugged. I like how the rig can be easily modified to use the internal mag pouches from 5.56 to .308 with ease. There is also a good amount of material between your body and the magazines. The downside is the lack of butt pack option.

Anyone have experience with one or both of these? Truly torn.

Price is not a problem so I am not concerned with what’s cheaper.