Spotting Scope with Laser range finder

Minnjarhead

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2007
Maybe I'm not searching correctly, but is there any spotting scope in the 15-45x range that has a laser range finder incorporated in it? I can find handheld LRF binos in the 10-12x range, but why not a LRF incorporated with a spotting scope? Two birds, one stone? Wouldn't that be a good feature for hunting, PRS, military? I shoot local PRS matches and everybody has spotting scopes. Why don't we have LRF/spotting scopes all in one?

Good point!

I think the higher distance range would require a quality long range LRF...1000-2500 yards and a quite a bit to an already high price point for good Spotters, 800-4500.00.

Sticker shock maybe?...Good observation and idea though!

i have not even seen a variable power laser range finder, so perhaps there is something about this that makes sharing lenses unpractical.

Newcon Optics of out of Canada is only one I have used,
IMG_0873.JPG

Has its limitations but a decent unit,

Or you can use the Co Witness mount from APO to align a separate laser to the unit and then co witness the laser with the Spotter reticle so you just have to tap the button, with the right software you can link it too so you can get an instant solution

IMG_1142.JPG

Anymore beyond necessary observation nobody lives in a spotter like the old high power days

We use our rifle scopes more, or just grab binoculars for observation, the spotters are limited.

As instructors we live in them, but rarely do you see them like in the old days

Anymore beyond necessary observation nobody lives in a spotter like the old high power days

We use our rifle scopes more, or just grab binoculars for observation, the spotters are limited.

As instructors we live in them, but rarely do you see them like in the old days
Do you think this is due to the advancement in rifle scope technology?

I know that this is the case for me. My rifle scopes are better than my first spotter by quite a bit. I own a very nice spotter now and use it but mainly from a vehicle or fairly close to a camp. When I'm out and about, I usually just carry the binos and I also use the rifle scope. I do use the LRF once I find the thing I want to shoot at. "Back in the day", I carried that lesser spotting scope and used it in the field much more...of course, I didn't mind carrying a little extra weight so much, back in the good ol' days.

Thanks everyone. I guess I didn't realize this is more complicated than I thought it would be. My thought is why have three devices (binos, spotter, and LRF) when a combination unit would work. I carry too much crap now and I was hoping there was a way to simplify and consolidate.