• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

standard vs mini barricade bags

Standard vs mini barricade bags

• saracen

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • commanche

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • game changer

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • mini game changer

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • fortune cookie

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • mini fortune cookie

Votes: 14 26.9%

• Total voters

C_R_Slacker

Slowpoke R.
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Now that these smaller bags have been our for a while, how do you feel about them vs the original versions? I will be buying one of these in the near future and it will be primarily used as a front support bag, but may see some time as a rear bag too. I'm kind of a weight weenie and tend to avoid unnecessarily heavy gear. Is the stability of the larger bags worth the weight penalty? Also, which specific bag do you recommend and why? I may get more in the future, but if i were going to buy just one, which should i get?

I rarely touch my full size fortune cookie now that I have the mini version. It works great, solid and compact.

It's pretty much every bit as stable as the larger version, but in a smaller, lighter size. On this rail, I can hold my cross hairs on a target the size of a quarter once I get the rifle "settled" into the bag. I used it on a barricade stage for the first time at the Quiet Riot PRS match this year, and I shot that stage in 63 seconds with 7/8 hits (I just pulled the 7th shot off the right side of the target).

I'm a believer in the mini fortune cookie.

Attachments

• IMG_20180528_112030-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180528_112030-01.jpeg
    980 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20180528_111947-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180528_111947-01.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 199
I will say that I do not shoot in competitions, and most conversations around here are centered around people who do. With that being said, I have had great luck with a mini fortune cookie for general field use, on truck windows, Abel table/tripod, box blinds, etc. can’t imagine the full size working much better, and it sure wouldn’t be easier to carry around.

Have made bunch of my own experimented with sizes and fils, the fulsize gamechanger and fortune cookie are to heavy for my taste. Like the Pump pillow type bag best for gap filler and something similar to mini fortune cookie for rest, my versions of the said bags all with zippers as i like to test different fills.

So far people like the game changer (8) but not the pint size (1).

So far people dont like the fortune cookie (2) but do like the mini cookie (7).

Strange that people like the large of one and not the other and vice versa for the minis. I wonder why that is?
I see that kthomas, crews and mr br, like the mini cookie because the larges are too big but why is the full size gamechanger so much more popular than the pint size?

Strange that people like the large of one and not the other and vice versa for the minis. I wonder why that is?
I see that kthomas, crews and mr br, like the mini cookie because the larges are too big but why is the full size gamechanger so much more popular than the pint size?

I noticed that too...i wonder if there is something to the design of each or if it's just because those are the bags they have experience with.

Reactions: spife7980

I limited my response to the mini fortune cookie because I've used it in the field extensively. I can also say that I recently replaced it with a pint sized game changer, ONLY because I thought the wax canvas and leather construction was cool. So far with limited use, I am not at all convinced that it is better than the mini fortune cookie. I actually think it may be SLIGHTLY not as good in the mini dept.

Reactions: spife7980
Everything has trade-offs. I think the original game changer (pre-straps) was the most stable. Rock solid on barricades, nothing to get in the way. I went with a full size game changer with straps because I figured it would be quicker changing positions. It was a little quicker for a gas gun match, but makes the gun very unwieldy, and the straps take away some of the stability if you are resting the gun on top of them. I currently have that as well as a mini fortune cookie. Overall I think the mini fortune cookie is a more rounded bag (no pun intended, maybe) It's small and light enough to double for hunting, etc while still being pretty stable. Just depends on what your uses are. I will say that the bags with heavier fill like the full size GC are definitely more stable than anything with light fill. That's where I think you will see the biggest difference in any of the bags.

For me, whatever fits the space between my mag and bipod snuggly is best. In my case, that's the regular Game Changer. Love the pint size but since I don't have an arca rail I don't have the adjustment necessary to shrink the gap to the appropriate size