• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Steiner P4Xi 4-16 x 56 on Bighorn Origin - Scope Mount

725franky

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2010
Michigan
I will be mounting a Steiner P4Xi on a Bighorn Origin action soon. What are some recommendations on scope mount vs rings, and what height?

I think I want to keep it as relatively low as possible to the barrel.

Thanks

Last edited:
I was looking at the RRS mount. I like that the design is more minimalist than the Spuhr (although those look as robust as can be), but I am not sure if the 1.26" height will be low enough...

One of the things that I am fighting with myself over is that a one-piece mount provides a built in level and the tools to level the scope to the gun, whereas with rings, I will need to install the level separately. But is it worth it to have the mount over rings....

m
all about preference. I like Spuhr because they are so sturdy and the quality. But also what I like is resale value.
Those are valid reasons, and I haven't ruled Spuhr out yet. I've just never ventured toward higher end scope mounts, I usually used like $60 chunky aluminum rings, but this time I want to use better equipment where it makes sense.