• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Stock or Chassis Selection

DEERSLAYER

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
I am having trouble deciding on a chassis or a stock for my rifle. It is a remington 700 chambered in 300 rum. I like the mcree chassis and the idea of having a detachable box magazine. I will be using the rifle for primarily long range shooting and deer hunting. But, will occasionally take it into a treestand. Not sure what to get, I plan to take this gun out west sometime in the future. Any suggestions? Thanks

I am having trouble deciding on a chassis or a stock for my rifle. It is a remington 700 chambered in 300 rum. I like the mcree chassis and the idea of having a detachable box magazine. I will be using the rifle for primarily long range shooting and deer hunting. But, will occasionally take it into a treestand. Not sure what to get, I plan to take this gun out west sometime in the future. Any suggestions? Thanks

My plan is to start hunting, so I did as Rob mentioned, went with the Manners. The T3 I have uses the mini-chassis which gives you the DBM but doesn't need to be bedded. The T3 also has a more traditional grip style, like most hunting rifles would.

Just put this group out, my first time on a bolt rifle.
26E451E2-B07C-408E-8CEF-F2CA470DB0BC-50724-000017BC744C26D5_zps8c390688.jpg

BFBA9BF4-28BE-4571-B98C-96D6D2F04CC8-45831-000015A52EF788F2_zps8fbf236b.jpg

As mentioned above, highly suggest an AICS 2.0 or AX, Folding stocks are huge for back country humping of harvest and keeps things light. Chop your barrel to 20 or 22" and it will be amazingly light. We do it all of the time and see huge results!

If you are breaking the multi cross layered carbon fiber shell of the Manners you are having a real bad day and your hunt is probably over ;)