stock pack

Re: stock pack

Tactical Operations (TacOps) also makes a good one. Eagle's supply appears to be dry, so it may be easier to find a TacOps. I have two of them and have been pleased with the quality and durability.

I think that Triad is the best place to buy items like stock packs, rear bags, rings and other items. Look Them up. Triad Tactical, Steve is top rate to deal with.

Triad makes a really good LARGE stock pack... Definitely check that one out. Carry more and make use of the space.

If you do a search as he mentioned, you will find multiple threads to preruse that will give you tons of info and opinions on your topic. New members here should read a lot before posting queries. You wll find a lot of answers without having to ask. Some here have less patience than others.
smile.gif
this tends to be why I read more than I post.
By the way, the search box on the right of the screen is more useful than the one in the header.

Thanks. I dont post very much ;however, in my experance most guys like that wouldnt open his mouth if he was face to face. If you dont like a question dont respond its not that hard!

i know they are not the nicest out there but i have a blackhawk. not to expensive and it was instock. i have had it probably about a year no zipper problems. i have had it on both my 270 and my 300wby and the ammo loops fit both and don't stretch out. raises the comp hold a small data chart my ammo and kestrel. like i said not the nicest but does the job for me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobcatT870</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

What kind of bipod is the rifle on the left? i have never seen anything quit like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rickmenefee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes a good stock pack. I am wanting one i can add something under to raise my cheek. </div></div>

If I had a nickel for everytime this was asked....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rickmenefee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">real class </div></div>

Just be glad that there are new rules, it could have been worse....
Welcome to the hide, now use the search box.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triad makes a really good LARGE stock pack... Definitely check that one out. Carry more and make use of the space. </div></div>

This. Triad's large stock pack is the only pack I use.

Another guy that has done it all. I would bit he uses one primer a month and spends his time picking on new guys ;because, his mommy did not love him enough!

You're getting a bit big for your britches there, hoss. You really have zero idea who you are addressing on the net, but especially on this board. MANY who post here live and die by the sword, so to speak. Others who don't have learned much from those who do, and have come to know of what they speak. Mundane crap like this tends to frustrate some, because the answer is plain easy to find, and there are bigger fish to fry.

What torques me is the lack of respect you have for people who you expect to give you answers even when your question is flat out a waste of everyone's time. Ever hear that old adage "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"? You may wish to apply it liberally, rinse, and repeat.

If you react this poorly to a simple constructive criticism, i'd hate to see how you would have handled the welcome you deserved for not doing your due diligence. Fortunately for you, the admins here are benevolent and have chosen to rein in the heavy handed members. There was a time when guys would have been lining up (myself included) to rain fire upon you, now you are simply admonished to "search". If you can't handle that, you're in the wrong place.

Since you've got all of 8 posts and haven't bothered to fill in your profile info, don't expect people to give you the time of day- because until you demonstrate otherwise, they'll think you're just another internet commando. Acting like a punk on top of that will likely make the reception of your topics a frosty one. You might want to reconsider your mode of operation if you wish to get along with the folks.

Just sayin'...

Good grief! I swear, some of you people are worse than 12 yo school girls! I know cause I have a daughter that age. Actually, on second thought, I think she's probably less dramatic than you.

You're not a 12 yo school girl, are you?

Respect is earned! I have done this since i was shitting in my diapers and i am almost 40. You give respect to get it. If you dont like the question dont answer. Its pretty hard. I asked a very simple question after trying to buy a pack that several people were out of. Products change everyday. Thats what the forums is about.I am not part of the circle jerk and never will be. Bless your heart Ricky Menefee

rickmenefee said:
Respect is earned! I have done this since i was shitting in my diapers and i am almost 40. You give respect to get it. If you dont like the question dont answer. Its pretty hard. I asked a very simple question after trying to buy a pack that several people were out of. Products change everyday. Thats what the forums is about.I am not part of the circle jerk and never will be. Bless your heart Ricky Menefee [/quot

smile.gif

1315353295515.jpg

Well,

Like most I have searched for a good replacement for the Eagle. Yes I know some sponsors have bags but for other reasons I went with tac-ops on my latest purchase.

Here is my atempt at an objective review of the tac-ops and the Allen compared to the Eagle. A little pic heavy

As we know Eagle made a good product and it fit most stocks relatively well, so no need to comment too much as they are not selling them any more

dsc04552800x415.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24
eaglee.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24
eaglebq.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24

The tac-ops comes in close to the Eagle, but lacks thickness. It has the same cheek material, and fits the stock well. You will notice that the stitching is single around the outside, and the velcro tabs are burned vs trimmed and hemmed. If you dont place the straps correctly those edges dig into your hands. On a positive note, there are more loops to hold ammo, great if you hunt and dont want cartridges rattling around in the pouch.

dsc04548800x384.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24
tacops.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24
tacopsback.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24

Then there is the Allen, I picked it up at Sportsmans for $15 or so. It has a more synthetic feel cheek material. It is thinner than the others and has some sort of plastic liner inside to help keep its shape. Trying to remain objective, I would say it looks like a $15 stock pack.

dsc04556800x409.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24
allena.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24
allenb.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24

tops side by side
topne.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-24

bottoms
guess there is a limit on pics, but the tac-ops has a full area on the bottom to apply the rear strap, for more adjustment points.

The Triad Stock Pack offers options and features that I don't think you can get from any other vendor. He is a link to a recent SH thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2970397&page=1

The big difference is on the underside of the pack. It's completely lined with Velcro for full adjustability of the straps. This also allow you to easily adjust the height of the pack with Velcro strips(included). And they are made in the USA.