• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Stock vs. Chassis

DB19

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2022
I currently have a Savage 110 Tactical chambered in 6.5 cm. I've got it shooting consistent 1/2in groups with my handloads and was wondering if a chassis would help me shoot more consentient, especially at long range. The Savage 110 Tactical has an aluminum bedding block, cheek riser, and lop adjustment from the factory so I'm having a hard time justifying roughly a 1000 dollar chassis.

It likely won’t make the gun more accurate. But having a fully adjustable chassis will likely make you more comfortable behind the gun having a proper cheek weld and LOP. Which can result in better consistency. If your current one is giving any issues as you state it has these features already

You don’t need to spend (nor would I) $1000 on a savage chassis. My last folding XLR evolution I bought here for my savage 10 in 260 was $350.

It likely won’t make the gun more accurate. But having a fully adjustable chassis will likely make you more comfortable behind the gun having a proper cheek weld and LOP. Which can result in better consistency. If your current one is giving any issues as you state it has these features already

You don’t need to spend (nor would I) $1000 on a savage chassis. My last folding XLR evolution I bought here for my savage 10 in 260 was $350.
I knew it wouldn't make the gun more accurate. I'll give XLR a look, thanks.

Don't sink money into a savage. It's throwing money away. If you want a nice chassis or stock like manners/foundation then start with a good action.

Yea, they all suck, go ahead and spend another 3-4000, more money always make it more accurate. :) One of my most
accurate rifles is a savage, this image was after mounting a scope and zeroing it. It's in a manners T5, shot with a bipod
rear bag. As was said above, if the stock or chassis fits better you may shoot it better.
223_Target.jpg

Reactions: Ghost_23
Runs just fine, this was my rifle to get into long range and PRS type shooting. Started out as a 6.5 CM, ran it for a couple years before upgrading. It now has a savage factory F class barrel on it, those were part of the first 15 rounds through the barrel. Didn't hold me back from learning the game and becoming a better shooter. I'd never claim it was as nice as my Impact, but my stiller action wasn't a huge improvement. That being said it has always been as accurate as any of my custom rifles.

Reactions: Ghost_23