Stoner SR-25

Re: Stoner SR-25

Try stopping by http://www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/ It's a fairly slow moving site but there is some good folks there that can answer your questions.

I think spares would be your real consern as I think there differences between early and later models regarding bolts or BCG's. I can remember the exact details.

But there seem to be several available right now between boards, gbroker & gunsamerica.

Good luck.

If you go to Silencer tests Knight says he will fix any of his guns and not to be alarmed. I had one and sold it and then I turned around and bought another one 2 weeks later. The second one I got is a 2003 and like brand new looks like a shooter .453 target. I cannot wait to shoot the rifle just have to find the time. I got mine on AR15 for what I thought was a pretty good deal. I already ordered a PRS, MIAD, and some other crap for it.

Rich

IMG_2461_1_1.jpg

+1 on checking out the biggerhammer board. I agree w/ sr15 that it is fairly slow moving, but it is easy to scroll through several years worth of threads and view the ones you want, and it has an informational section on the SR-25 vs the AR-10 which has some pics and one of the older technical documents from Armalite on the differences in design. The other board that has a specific stoner section is http://ebrsopmods.proboards100.com

There seems to be some pretty wide price ranges on SR-25's these days, in part with the age/condition/model. Knight's has improved their web store and the availability of accessories and some parts, so it's not as bad as previous years, and part of their design was part compatibility with the M-16 (whether that is a good or bad thing is always a good topic of discussion).

Hope it helps as a place to start. -A

They're nice rifles, but I'll be honest in that you can do pretty danged good with an Armalite or DPMS for significantly less money. Pricing seems to go anywhere from $3000 for a base rifle all the way up to $12000 for an M110 kit. They seem to hold their value very well regardless of if you shoot it or not.

I wanted a Mk11 Mod0 for some time and ended up picking one up as a shooter for the collection. I haven't had any issues that they are known for having with the suppressor to date and it runs quite well so far.

MK11Markings2.jpg

Mk11withoutcan.jpg

mk11withcancover1.jpg

Glad to see that Rich (SSG3K) chimed in, too. He and I had talked the other day and he mentioned he has had a few SR-25's and so is a good person have comment!

I wonder the same thing but like evrybody who ownes them hate not to have one. I think its a love hate thing. Its just like owning Ducati's when they run they run good, and when you have one that runs like shit you still love to look at it. Understand?? if that makes any sense. On a side note I did order the SABR and the Larue 308's so maybee the Stoner might go down the road again.

Rich

I own both an SR-25 and an Armalite. Off the factory line, there is no comparison in build quality. The KAC wins hands down. Of course, you pay out your ass for that quality. Keep in mind that I own one of each, so that's not exactly what they call "statistically relevant." I know you can get GAP to put an AR-10 together than can surpass the SR-25. Hell you can send your SR-25 to GAP as well. As I learn more and more in this long range game, I'm looking to move to a bolt gun. Maybe later, after my skill level increases, I'll get back to a gas gun, but for now, I've been strongly considering selling my SR.

I haven't listed it yet, but does $7500 for the full package and 7 20 round mags sound fair? I put my wife through college, and she (along with help from my gun dealer) bought me this:
SR25-1-1.jpg

Without a doubt, it shoots better than I do. I just want to move to a bolt gun to ease the learning curve. Like I said, maybe later I'll pick up another gas gun. When I do my part, using FGMM 168s, I can get .5 inch groups, although I tend to screw it up more than not. I need to work on my trigger control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badkarma85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As pictured above seems to be pretty fair. Ive seen Sr-25 mags sell for a 100 each. Hows the old lady going to take you selling the gun she got you? </div></div>

Yea man my Ex would've gotten her panties in quite the knot.
Then again that hateful ungrateful bitch would not have bought me an SR-25.

I am not going to comment on the price of the rifle pictured above but certain Stoner's are part of the military like the M24's and there are superior weapons out there especially for the $! Get a GAP built AR10 that would shoot circles around a Stoner for heck of alot less! If you are a collector that's one thing but if you are not don't waste your money!

SSG3K is right about silencertalk along with afrcom and m4carbine. Also the Ducati comment is 1000% on target. I've had 4 and can say without a doubt the comment is true. But they are awesome in their own right running like a top or broke-ass down on the side of the road. Make a trip to the factory and you'll become a believer. I've been there twice so trust me
grin.gif

+1 for Trey standing behind the product. He can be a bit tough to get a hold of at times but reaching other employees that are on several sites is usually fairly easy. The tough part is that only a small portion of their business is civilian driven but they are slowly working on that.

When issues pop up and you ask the right folks answers will soon flow in.

I had an issue with my SR when new and a message was posted over at arfcom. It wasn't a couple days and Trey called the house to get to the bottom of it. Issue fixed plus they did extra work that I requested for free while the upper was back at Vero Beach.

Cost a little more than the rest? Yepper, but it's all up to the individual and what he or she wants to do with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALMAORFE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badkarma85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As pictured above seems to be pretty fair. Ive seen Sr-25 mags sell for a 100 each. Hows the old lady going to take you selling the gun she got you? </div></div>

Yea man my Ex would've gotten her panties in quite the knot.
Then again that hateful ungrateful bitch would not have bought me an SR-25. </div></div>

Hahaha... As I advise all men, if possible, marry the daughter of a gun dealer. I have been advised that an HK P30 with Heinie Staight 8 sights would go a LONG way to soothing her feelings.

Any thoughts on value of an Pre-ban SR-25 that has not been shot since it left the factory (bolt still sealed in plastic with factory mag)?

Back in the day I bought two and am thinking about selling the one I didn't shoot.

Thank you in advance.