Sued my friend today...could use some help

Re: Sued my friend today...could use some help

Dont file in regular court. File in small claims. In small claims, if you win and he doesnt pay, you can attach ALL of his bank accounts. If when he puts money in there, it will be sucked right out for you. If its enough money you might even be able to put a lien against vehicles. Go talk to the self help attorneys at the local family law center. They will point you in the right direction. I just went through small claims, its painless and quick.

Do you have a signed written agreement on the loan and how the installation of payments was going to be? If not you might be screwed, because people get forgetful. DO NOT LOAN MONEY TO FAMILY OR FRIENDS ONLY GIVE THEM MONEY FREELY.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you dig up a thread almost two years old? </div></div>

+1

Morons and computers don't mix. And I thought their DRIVING was bad!
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friends and money can work if you take something from the friend of equal or 2X greater value as colateral.</div></div>

Thats the only way you don't loose money or your friends.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you dig up a thread almost two years old? </div></div>

+1

Morons and computers don't mix. And I thought their DRIVING was bad!
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Just realized that...yeah, think we kinda missed the boat on this one.