suggestion for a rifle scope

jeppers113d

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2021
Concord, CA
hello, can u guys please recommend a scope for my Uintah Precision 15 that is coming in the mail soon? something around 100-300 yard range maybe? thank you very much! looking for something under $300

Anything FFP is going to be cheap Chinesium junk at that price. Go with Vortex Strike Eagle or new Venom if you have to have zoom as they have one of the best warranty's.

I'd recommend a fixed magnification optic like the SWFA for your budget:

Then when you've saved up some penny's get a good Japanese scope like the Bushnell LRHS/LRTS series or Vortex PST II series (Philippines)

Reactions: Bender
Athlon Optics Talos BTR 4-14x44 - APLR2 FFP IR MIL
FEATURES
  • Illuminated Reticle: The illuminated reticle provides greater visibility during dusk and dawn and other low ambient light environment.
  • Etched Glass Reticle: Reticle etched on the glass that provides excellent backing support for complex reticle design and offers great durability and much higher shock resistance to recoil
  • Fully Multicoated: Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminum: Aircraft Grade Aluminum provide extra strength and durability to handle the toughest terrain and offers lifetime of use.
  • Heat Treated One Piece Tube Construction: Heat treated one piece tube gives the scope extra strength over multi-piece tubes. A one piece tube also is better at keeping moisture out thus keeping your scope fog proof for the life of the product
  • Waterproof: Waterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or if accidently submerged underwater
  • Fog proof: Fog proof to allow you to immediately engage your target when you take your rifle to cold ambient temperature from warm inside
  • Shockproof: Robust mechanical system with special designs on both control and erector system that give you the ultimate recoil resistance to withstand 1000G recoil for 1000 times.
  • Nitrogen Purged: Nitrogen purging dramatically reduces the moisture inside the tube and helps maintaining fogproof and waterproof.

I just put a Athlon Midas Tac 6x24 on my 7mm and I'm very impressed. I paid around $650. I compared it to a friends Vortex Viper PST Gen2 at the range and I like the turrents better on the athlon. The glass seemed the same but it was also in the middle of the day. I had it out at dusk this weekend and on high magnification it was very clear.
I saw 2 different versions a 30mm and a 50mm, which do u have? I watched a few reviews I like this one Thanks u rock