• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Suppressed .300WinMag

Black-X

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2006
Kentucky
Tossed my Gemtech Sandstorm on the .300WinMag and put a few rounds through it just a few minutes ago. WOW, what a pleasant experience!!! Even over the Badger FTE brake that is usually on there! Recoil is very, very mild and more of push with the can on it. Also the sound was low enough to shoot without hearing protection.

I don't see too many suppressed .300's. Anyone else shoot one?

-X

**ETA a little eye candy***
1003725.jpg

Re: Suppressed .300WinMag

Shoot a suppressed 300 WSM and agree with you on the recoil reducing effect and noise reduction. Don't have to wear hearing protection. How do you like the Sandstorm?

I have a brand new, never fired, Savage 300 which will be shot when my SAS supressor gets approved. That is the main reason I got is so I can enjoy shooting it, and put it on the 308 when needed.
Glad to hear it works well for you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dcal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like the Sandstorm? </div></div>

I believe I was one of the first to receive one and I love it. Here's a review I did on mine earlier this year. Sandstorm Review

-X

Shibumi..I need NO hearing protection. My friend has a Jet and he and I both agree that the SAS is quiter. Recoil is reduced more than with a Badger thurster on all calibers. I have been extremely pleased with the purchase, very light, very quite!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddacguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
031_31.jpg

Here's shark 300wm </div></div>

I don't think you're supposed to shoot them in the ass.

Gemtech seems to have really good thing going with this Sandstorm. If I decide to get a thread-on can for my .308, I will look very closely at it.

I run a Thundertrap with my 300 WM AICS. Very happy with it and want to keep it dedicated to this gun.
All that I hear is a peaceful wuuuuussssssshhhhhhhhh.

If I ever want to suppress my other 30 cals then I would go with another suppressor like the ones mentioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So was there any improvement with accuracy? I know the Sandstorm does wonders on your .308!!! </div></div>

Didn't shoot for accuracy but hopefully we can run out to the range this weekend. LMK if you want to run out and I'll get some .300's loaded up this week. I wanna see the new stick anyways.
wink.gif

-X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zenghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gemtech seems to have really good thing going with this Sandstorm. If I decide to get a thread-on can for my .308, I will look very closely at it. </div></div>

You ever find yourself in the eastern KY, southern OH, southwest West Virginia tri-state area, LMK and you're welcome to try it out.

-X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So was there any improvement with accuracy? I know the Sandstorm does wonders on your .308!!! </div></div>

Didn't shoot for accuracy but hopefully we can run out to the range this weekend. LMK if you want to run out and I'll get some .300's loaded up this week. I wanna see the new stick anyways.
wink.gif

-X </div></div>

Will do. It's supposed to be a secret though.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tackleberry,
Is that shooting a factory round, or a round built for shooting supressed?
Thanks,

Phil </div></div>

Phil, there is too much case volume in a .300WM to safely shoot subsonic. My load is a 210 VLD @ 2850 fps. The tone is slightly different than a full powered .308, but it is still more pleasant to the naked ear than a suppressed 5.56 AR. The recoil impulse is also altered to more of a big push instead of a sharp jab. In my mind it is a win all the way around.

Good luck