• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Suppressors Suppressor advice

chopit

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Odem Texas
Need some hide advice please. Going to get my first suppressor. It will live between my AIAX Short action and my ar 5.56. Going back and forth between hux 7.62 ti and griffin dual lok 7. I am looking at the griffin hard because of the military discount. It is a very good discount. I will preface this with I don't know shit about suppressors. Never been around them except at a match. I am looking for something that could work on my AI and AR.

So many ways you could go, and it all depends on what you want to accomplish.

What works great for a bolt gun doesn't necessarily work great on an ar15, and vice-versa.

I was looking for something similar, and I went with an Abel Co Biscuit. It's a great can, and the guys at Abel are awesome. It does a decent job of noise suppression, it performs similarly to my wife's SiCo Omega. Low backpressure, so it works great on ar15's (not gassy). The recoil impulse is awesome. Hard use can, so it can survive most firing schedules you can throw its way on an ar15. HUB so you can use whatever mount of your choice. It's also not too expensive.

The downsides are its heavy for its size (all 17-4 SS), and doesn't suppress large cartridges well. If you are shooting only short action cartridges, it should work great. If you are shooting something like a .300WM from your AI, you may want a bigger volume can.

My AI is all short action no mag mostly 6.5cm 308 and 6cm.

Abel Co Biscuit may be a good choice.

If you want more sound suppression, but are willing to put up with more backpressure, you can go with larger volume cans. Abel Co Theorem (you can use vented end cap for less BP), OCL, TBAC, etc.