• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Suppressor cleaning/maintenance?

odoylerules

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2017
I recently got my first can, a Blackhawk carnivore 300wm. I plan to run it on a 300 blackout and a 260 Remington. Again this is my first suppressor so bare with me. Do I need to do anything maintenance wise to it? I think it’s a sealed model, so I don’t know how I can clean out the internal baffles when they get really clogged/dirty.
Thanks for the help

Ive put 2400 rounds through my TBAC Ultra 7 and have added 2 oz to it since I started using it. Tried using an Ultrasonic Cleaner for a few hours, and only got reduced the weight by 0.3 oz after drying. I will try the white vinegar shortly.
I wonder if the amount of residue build up eventually ceases due to the high pressures and the excess residue is pushed out, or if it will continue to build up?
Will the build up have an affect on sound suppression, Im sure it does as it is decreasing he volume of the can, but to what extent?

Ive put 2400 rounds through my TBAC Ultra 7 and have added 2 oz to it since I started using it. Tried using an Ultrasonic Cleaner for a few hours, and only got reduced the weight by 0.3 oz after drying. I will try the white vinegar shortly.
I wonder if the amount of residue build up eventually ceases due to the high pressures and the excess residue is pushed out, or if it will continue to build up?
Will the build up have an affect on sound suppression, Im sure it does as it is decreasing he volume of the can, but to what extent?

I've seen ultra 7s over a pound. It doesn't stop.